Windows 10 Freezing

pennyR

For months now my laptop w 10 keeps freezing.I know its not caused by being slow.As i live very rural.Also i never got that windows virus that was updated in feb.Im also having trouble with my gmail.When i open up mail,i would get my list of labels,on the left side.I dont get any labels,except a message,cannot connect to google.Can anyone help at all.thankyou

There are several possible causes for that freezing, the following are some of them:
1) HDD/SSD is defective.
2) Malware (some kind of virus/worm)
3 ) RAM or CPU is defective
4) An application/software
5) Buggy updates

I recommend that you download Malwarebytes (Malware Protection for Home | Malwarebytes), boot into Safe Mode WITHOUT NETWORKING (as in the video tutorial following the link below) and scan your computer. But before installing Malwarebytes, while the computer is in Safe Mode, notice if it does freeze as before. Please come back and let us know.
BOOT INTO SAFE MODE TUTORIAL:
Boot into Safe Mode

For months now my laptop w 10 keeps freezing.I know its not caused by being slow.As i live very rural.Also i never got that windows virus that was updated in feb.Im also having trouble with my gmail.When i open up mail,i would get my list of labels,on the left side.I dont get any labels,except a message,cannot connect to google.Can anyone help at all.thankyou

It’s hard to say without any information about your computer. Something in hardware or software may be conflicting with something inside Windows. Another possible reason is that your computer isn’t powerful enough to run Windows 10 effecticvely, though I doubt that.

I suppose you did the upgrade install of Windows 10 without reinstalling it (clean install, which removes all of your previous files and programs). In this particular scenario, it’s highly possible that some of your files from the previous version of Windows aren’t compatible with it. If the problem persists, I suggest doing a clean install of Windows 10. Just be sure to do a backup of your important stuff!

It’s also advisable to get solid-state drive (SSD) where you should install Windows to. It’s a massive performance boost as SSD’s are much faster than traditional hard-drive disks (HHD). I’ve been using Windows 10, clean-installed on SSD, since the release of it with no problems.

Even if Windows 10 was on your computer out of the box, it’s good to do clean installation just because it will clean your computer from bloatware and unnecessary files.

Delete Temp files and clear cache memory.
Delete unwanted software. Free up some space on RAM.
This might help or else try clean installation.

Back
Top Bottom