French to Engish

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by steveb5, Oct 13, 2011.

1. steveb5

steveb5 New Member

My HP pavillion with 7 Home premium was launched in French and I would like to convert it to English. I have updated my regional settings but Windows continues to run in French. Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. Medico

Medico Senior Member

It appears that only Win 7 Ultimate has the language pack capability. The MS Anytime Upgrade will allow you to purchase an ugraded version of Win 7 Ultimate. Once Win 7 Ultimate is installed do the follow:

Install Language Pack in Windows 7 Ultimate

1. Start -> All Programs --> Windows Update --> Optional Updates.
    2. Open optional Updates and go to the section Windows 7 Language Packs.
    3. Tick the Language Pack you want and hit OK
    4. Proceed with Install Updates
    5. Depiction of Windows 7 downloading a Language Pack
    6. Automatic install initiated after download

How to change the Windows 7 Display Language:

1. Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Clock, Language, and Region / Change the display language
    2. Switch the display language in the Choose a display language dropdown menu.
    3. Click OK
    4. Log off for the changes to take effect (This will affect only the user profile under which you are currently logged on).

3. Medico

Medico Senior Member

I found this site as well, but did not feel comfortable recommending to someone that I do not know his level of experience a fairly involved procedure. If it works, great, if it does not who knows what might happen. The review results were somewhat mixed if you read through them.