Windows 7 Frequent BSODs encountered

talk2ap001

I'm encountering BSOD's every 10 minutes or so from the past few days. I also have Windows XP which runs fine without BSODs. From BlueScreenViewer, I always get PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, caused by some ntkernel and halmacpi. Please help.

Attachments

• All Zipped (Seven Forum + CPU-Z + RAMMon).rar
    2.1 MB · Views: 270
Uninstall Avira completely using the programs own uninstaller if available or the Programs and Features applet in the control panel. You may want to follow that up if need be with a removal tool specific for that product either from the vendor or from the listed provided here Security Software | SingularLabs
Replace it immediately with MSE from here Link Removed due to 404 Error
It looks like it may have let you down if this driver is what I suspect it is
a5f1wq9m.SYS 12/27/2011 nothing out there on the vast information super highway regarding that file and that makes me suspicious.
You may also want to consider running an off line scanner such as this one found here What is Windows Defender Offline? (get the correct version for your system architecture) it will create a bootable CD for you to start your computer from and run a FULL system scan (defaults to Quick Scan, change that) independent of the operating system.
Regards and keep us posted
Randy
P.S. Interestingly none of your .dmp files after 07-09-2012 would open in WinDbg and pitched an error. So any new dump files after completing the above might help further the diagnostic process.
If Blue Screens persist then start here;
Download Memtest86+ from this location here. Burn the ISO to a CD and boot the computer from the CD from a cold boot after leaving it off for an hour or more.
Ideally let it run for at least 7 passes / 6-8 hours. If errors appear before that you can stop that particular test. Any time Memtest86+ reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad Mobo slot. Perform the test RAM sticks individually as well as all possible combinations. When you find a good one then test it in all slots. Post back with the results.
See this Guide to using Memtest 86+
And get rid of this driver
sptd.sys 3/3/2012 Usually associated with Daemon Tools or one of the Alcohol products. Use this program from here (again get the correct version for your architecture) http://www.duplexsecure.com/en/downloads download and run it and be sure to click the UNINSTALL button.

Uninstall Avira completely using the programs own uninstaller if available or the Programs and Features applet in the control panel. You may want to follow that up if need be with a removal tool specific for that product either from the vendor or from the listed provided here Security Software | SingularLabs
Replace it immediately with MSE from here Link Removed due to 404 Error
It looks like it may have let you down if this driver is what I suspect it is
a5f1wq9m.SYS 12/27/2011 nothing out there on the vast information super highway regarding that file and that makes me suspicious.
You may also want to consider running an off line scanner such as this one found here What is Windows Defender Offline? (get the correct version for your system architecture) it will create a bootable CD for you to start your computer from and run a FULL system scan (defaults to Quick Scan, change that) independent of the operating system.
Regards and keep us posted
Randy
P.S. Interestingly none of your .dmp files after 07-09-2012 would open in WinDbg and pitched an error. So any new dump files after completing the above might help further the diagnostic process.
If Blue Screens persist then start here;

And get rid of this driver
sptd.sys 3/3/2012 Usually associated with Daemon Tools or one of the Alcohol products. Use this program from here (again get the correct version for your architecture) http://www.duplexsecure.com/en/downloads download and run it and be sure to click the UNINSTALL button.

Uninstalled Avira and stpd as you described, but still getting BSOD. I have run memory tests for hours using the inbuilt tester at startup, but I seriously doubt that there is a problem with ram since XP is running smoothly. Also Windows 7 in safe mode runs without BSOD.

And you said that none of my .dmp files after 07-09-2012 open in WinDbg. But its only after that day that I've started getting this problem, BSOD every 5-10 minutes.

I've added the more recent dump files again.

Attachments

• Minidump.rar
    1 MB · Views: 236
OK, so as not to get off on the wrong foot, I am not here to argue or insist that you do something you do not wish to do. So if you do not want to run MemTest86+ feel free to not do so.
I am looking at 34 of what I believe are your dump files which date back to July of last year. 31 of which starting on or about June 24th 2012 are all but identical. They are all
Code:
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x50
Invalid system memory was referenced.  This cannot be protected by try-except,
it must be protected by a Probe.  Typically the address is just plain bad or it
is pointing at freed memory.
And all hint at memory corruption. Now granted this doesn't have to mean that you have a bad piece of memory or a bad memory slot. But again I will not argue the finer points of how XP doesn't blue screen with this memory or how Windows 7 may be using the same memory slightly differently and or how the built in memory tester is an inferior product and not up to the task of sufficiently or efficiently testing your memory. That is not why I do this stuff.
Let's see what Microsoft has to say about your dump error:
Cause Bug check 0x50 usually occurs after the installation of faulty hardware or in the event of failure of installed hardware (usually related to defective RAM, be it main memory, L2 RAM cache, or video RAM).

Another common cause is the installation of a faulty system service.
Antivirus software can also trigger this error, as can a corrupted NTFS volume.
SOURCE: Bug Check 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA you may want to check this reference for addition info. You know, I don't make this stuff up, right?

Did you use the offline scanner to check for possible infections?
You may also want to check your system volume for possible errors. From and elevated command prompt type
chkdsk C: /R
answer in the affirmative "Y" when prompted
let it complete all five stages and review the results in the event viewer.
OH, and by the way;
Code:
8bbf8000 8bc00000   spldr    spldr.sys    Mon May 11 11:13:47 2009 (4A084EBB)
9bd83000 9bded000   spsys    spsys.sys    Mon May 11 11:37:10 2009 (4A085436)
[U][B]8b2bd000 8b3d8000   [COLOR=#ff0000]sptd     sptd.sys[/COLOR]     Sat Mar 03 10:42:03 2012 (4F5249DB)[/B][/U]  Still there as of 072012-17472-01.dmp 7/20/2012 12:34:09 AM
9db4f000 9dba0000   srv      srv.sys      Mon Jul 13 18:15:10 2009 (4A5BBFFE)
9db00000 9db4f000   srv2     srv2.sys     Mon Jul 13 18:14:52 2009 (4A5BBFEC)

AGRSM.sys11/21/2006
DgiVecp.sys11/10/2008
e1y6232.sys1/19/2009
rimmptsk.sys6/12/2009
rimsptsk.sys6/25/2009
rixdptsk.sys6/25/2009
SSPORT.sys6/25/2009
Are some additional drivers present on your system that pre-date Windows 7 RTM and may require your attention as to updating. Google is your friend.
I on the other hand am just a hobbyist.
Regards
Randy

EDIT: And I forgot to mention also that some people with a similar issue have found some success in resolving it by installing Service Pack 1 Download: Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (KB976932) - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details
UPDATE READINESS TOOL.
Download and install the correct system readiness tool prior to installing SP1.
System Update Readiness Tool for 32bit (x86)
System Update Readiness Tool for 64bit (x64)

Last edited:
Thanks a lot, Randy. I didn't mean to demean you in any manner. I respect you all for what you're doing. A great service. I'll try all the above suggestions and tell you. :)

Back