Windows 10 Frequent BSODs

copy230

I have been getting frequent BSODS. I uninstalled my antivirus and did a reinstall that kept files. This helped but I still get random crashes. I am not overclocking or altering anything. I also made sure the system and all drivers were updated.

Attachments

• W7F_07-08-2016.zip
    213.9 KB · Views: 324
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck EF, {ffffe00204314080, 0, 0, 0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
the above dump file means that for whatever reason a critical process died. Looking at your drivers they don't appear to match datewise with the versions found on your systems support page. Laptop drivers are always supplied by the manufacturer and it's worth updating your machine using the support page:
Product Support | Dell US

Any issues please post back.

Code:

Hi,
the above dump file means that for whatever reason a critical process died. Looking at your drivers they don't appear to match datewise with the versions found on your systems support page. Laptop drivers are always supplied by the manufacturer and it's worth updating your machine using the support page:

Thank you for your response. I checked drivers on the website but
Code:

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I checked but my drivers were up to date. Here is another log if that can give more clues.

Attachments

• W7F_07-08-2016.zip
    318.4 KB · Views: 321
Hi,
same again with the dump files:
I checked but my drivers were up to date.
Please update these drivers too:

amd_sata.sys Tue Jul 23 09:06:27 2013: AMD SATA Controller AHCI 1.2 Device Driver. You have a chipset update released 2015:
AMD A76M FCH, AMD Radeon HD 8510G Driver Driver Details | Dell US

DellRbtn DellRbtn.sys Fri Aug 03 22:32:54 2012: Airplane Mode Switch Driver. A slightly later driver is here:
Dell Airplane Mode Switch Driver Driver Details | Dell US

File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Have you added anything new recently including both hardware and software? If so remove it and test results.

Check the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that might help pinpoint the device or driver that is causing the error.

Check the system over with Malwarebytes:
Free Anti-Malware & Internet Security Software

Post back with results and new dump files.

Hi,
same again with the dump files:

Please update these drivers too:

amd_sata.sys Tue Jul 23 09:06:27 2013: AMD SATA Controller AHCI 1.2 Device Driver. You have a chipset update released 2015:
AMD A76M FCH, AMD Radeon HD 8510G Driver Driver Details | Dell US

DellRbtn DellRbtn.sys Fri Aug 03 22:32:54 2012: Airplane Mode Switch Driver. A slightly later driver is here:
Dell Airplane Mode Switch Driver Driver Details | Dell US

File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Have you added anything new recently including both hardware and software? If so remove it and test results.

Check the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that might help pinpoint the device or driver that is causing the error.

Check the system over with Malwarebytes:
Free Anti-Malware & Internet Security Software

Post back with results and new dump files.
Thank you for the help. Updating drivers has helped but I still got a bsod. The sfc scansaid there were no issues. The drive verifier stopped giving bsods on boot when I updated drives so I know that was a major reason. Also I see "checking media" when I boot up, is this normal? I have gotten no boot device found a few times when the bsods started. I thought hard drive might be failing but scans always say healthy so I don't know if it's related. I ran a Malwarebytes scan but zero threats were detected. I uninstalled pretty much every program.

Attachments

• W7F_08-08-2016.zip
    703 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:
What diagnostic did you scan your hard drive with? Make/Model of your drive?

Not all hard drive diagnostics are the same, especially ones that come with OEM computers (Dell, Acer, HP, Toshiba).
Try using one of these: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Code:

BugCheck EF, {ffffe000d727d300, 0, 0, 0}

Hi,
please just check the drive over using Seatools:
BiosVendor = Dell Inc.
BiosVersion = A00
BiosReleaseDate = 08/23/2013
SystemManufacturer = Dell Inc.
SystemProductName = Inspiron 5735
SystemSKU = Inspiron 5735
BaseBoardManufacturer = Dell Inc.

This bugcheck is sometimes caused by bios incompatibilities and ideally you need to update yours. The actual bios update is pretty important as it fixes an apparent bug where the processor will not Boost after waking from sleep mode.

Now I also understand that to some flashing the bios is frightening prospect and indeed on occasion if the wrong bios is used or the machine is turned off during flashing then it can be very bad for the moBo often terminal.
If you have a local computer store see if they will do the flashing for you or if you know a local IT tech then ask them to help but in any case if your really unsure it's best left alone.
Dell Inspiron 5735 System BIOS. Driver Details | Dell US

If the bsod still occurs check your RAM:
Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Windows 10:
I was trying to get rid of so many processes running in my laptop. I sure screwed things up. No network connectivity, because the physical and Wireless NIC card had yellow exclamation symbols in Device manager. And the Airplane mode button was grayed out. It was a long night! Next day, I went to Services and I started turning on services that I must of turned off? I think the solution for being able to turn the Airplane mode off. Was that a Radio Management service in Services was not on. After I went through services and start turning on anything that looked related to Wi-Fi or networking. All is well!

Windows 10:
I was trying to get rid of so many processes running in my laptop. I sure screwed things up. No network connectivity, because the physical and Wireless NIC card had yellow exclamation symbols in Device manager. And the Airplane mode button was grayed out. It was a long night! Next day, I went to Services and I started turning on services that I must of turned off? I think the solution for being able to turn the Airplane mode off. Was that a Radio Management service in Services was not on. After I went through services and start turning on anything that looked related to Wi-Fi or networking. All is well!
Thanks for sharing Pizzats and welcome to the forum :)

Back