Windows 7 Frozen Laptpo

aaronsp

Hello

For the last couple of months my laptop has been freezing, by this i mean i cant do anything and i have to restart the computer using the power button. Recently it has got worse and worse to the point where it freezes on the windows screen meaning i cant even access my desktop at times and also as soon as i insert a USB stick. I feel its a hardware problem as ive completely formatted the laptop numerous times and the problem is still persisting.I had a blue screen about a week ago and it said at the top "USB Faulty" so i feel that one of the usb ports is not working right.

Is there anyway i can eradicate this problem my self or is the best way to get it repaired at a computer store. Also how do i identify that its definitly the usb drive because it also freezes when a pen drive is not inserted, it does it at random times.

these are my laptop specs

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 330 @ 2.13GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 1909 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator HD, 730 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 225255 MB, Free - 182524 MB; D: Total - 12914 MB, Free - 2143 MB; E: Total - 99 MB, Free - 95 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 1425

Back