FRUSTRATED: Unable to download files (e.g. Itunes, Firefox, Evernote, etc).

Neet

Hi All,
I have a new sony vaio with Window 7 (64 bit). I have been trying to install itunes, firefox, evernote, as well as some other programs and I am unable to. I have tried doing this in safe mode with networking. I have had files transferred to me rather than downloading from websites, but it doesn't work. I don't get any error messages, it just stalls after 10% and says it has 1 day or more to download. Any thoughts on what could be wrong? Would the registry booster help? I appreciate any help!

Thanks!

reghakr

Essential Member
hello and welcome to the windows7forums

Do you receive an error massage if so please give the exact error message

Are you connected by Ethernet or wireless, Go to Start < Run, and type cmd, Now type ping Google.com

My average response is about 45ms, What is yours?

Now type "http://24.28.193.9" without the quites. Does the page load faster and are you able to download anything>

Last edited:

Neet

Hi. I don't get an error message. It just hangs there/gets stuck after about 10%. I am on wireless connection. I'll try what you said now.

Neet

Sorry, but I can't get past the prompt. I typed as you said ping[ Google.com, but it is saying its not recognized as an internal or external command

morrierudy

Sorry, but I can't get past the prompt. I typed as you said ping[ Google.com, but it is saying its not recognized as an internal or external command
It's ping Google.com --> NO [

mine is 20ms

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.