Windows 7 Full Retail

textureDnB

Does anyone know with certainty (I'll accept rumor just identify it as rumor) If retail copy's of home premium will be available for multiple PC's.Hopefully with some pre order action i dont want to upgrade any of my ENORMOUS oem vista installations i would much rather re install every application in order to have a clean OS especially coming from vista. and i would just like one piece of media with multiple key's if i'm being overly faithfull in microsoft and such a thing is a pipe dream feel free to knock me back to reality

Im not sure its been confirmed, but the rumor is strong. Read here and here.
Those are upgrades too i think i've seen mentions of the full version the same way but i can't find the articles again (maybe because they were pulled due to being imaginary some people actually do remove false iformation from the web)or perhaps i just read them wrong.That price might be worth sacrificing a clean install i'll have to think about that one

With the upgrades, you can do a clean install. You have the option of formatting the hard drive in installing once you've passed the point of verifying you have the necessary OS to justify the upgrade.

With the upgrades, you can do a clean install. You have the option of formatting the hard drive in installing once you've passed the point of verifying you have the necessary OS to justify the upgrade.

True, but you have to use the "Clean install with Upgrade Media" trick to actually be able to activate if you choose to do a clean install with an Upgrade disc.. :)

It's been a long time but as I recall, I had to install XP, then start my Vista installment, then tell it to do a clean install on a specific partition. Once it was installed it simply validated itself. I don't recall any trick being necessary.

Well yes, if you already have a previous version installed then you wouldn't need to do the "trick".. I meant if you didn't already have a version of Windows installed.. ;) Should have made myself a little clearer I guess.. :)

so i would be better served to keep XP untill arrival and buy another external HD for space in the meantime since a W7 RC wouldn't qualify as a previous OS. Sounds like a pain but the cost of another external that i can use is much better and cheaper than non upgrade versions which don't do anything for me except allow me to reclaim my XP partition now. Good info thanks.

so i would be better served to keep XP untill arrival and buy another external HD for space in the meantime since a W7 RC wouldn't qualify as a previous OS. Sounds like a pain but the cost of another external that i can use is much better and cheaper than non upgrade versions which don't do anything for me except allow me to reclaim my XP partition now. Good info thanks.

Back