Futuremark: VRMark

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter

The performance requirements for VR games are much higher than for typical PC games. So if you're thinking about buying an HTC Vive or an Oculus Rift, wouldn't it be good to know that your PC is ready for VR?

VRMark includes two VR benchmark tests that run on your monitor, no headset required. At the end of each test, you'll see whether your PC is VR ready, and if not, how far it falls short.

The Orange Room benchmark
shows the impressive level of detail that can be achieved on a PC that meets the recommended hardware requirements for the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift. If your PC passes this test, it's ready for the two most popular VR systems available today.

The Blue Room benchmark is a more demanding test with a greater level of detail for future hardware generations. If your PC passes this test, it will be able to run the latest VR games on the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift at the highest settings, and may even be VR-ready for the next generation of VR headsets.

Reference and download:
VRMark® - The VR Benchmark from Futuremark

Minimum system requirements
OS Windows 7, 64-bit with Service Pack 1
Processor Dual core CPU
Memory 2 GB of system memory
Graphics DirectX 11 with 1.5 GB graphics memory
Storage 2 GB free space

Latest version 1.0.1227 | November 3, 2016

Has anyone tried this yet? I doubt my PC could handle it. I've a BestBuy, Amazon, Newegg, frankenmachine lol.

Here's the Orange test:
vrmark.jpg

Now I'll try the Blue room.

Oop's no I won't as it seem's you need the full version.. Bugger!

Yeah it's still to expensive for my taste right now. I'll admit it's definitely coming along.

Back