Windows 7 Fuzzy Fonts & Graphics on low resolution

vinodk

I am using Sony Vaio, MODEL - VPCCB15FG (15.6 screen Full HD) with AMD Radeon HD 6630M as display adapters.
All this configuration was inbuilt with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

Problem is when I switch the screen resolution to 1366x768 (on this resolution everything is fine except fuziness), text & graphics become blurry, even clear type doesn't heps here. Its default native resolution is 1920x1080 and it works fine crystal clear except text is too small to read even I tried increasing the font size as well to Larger 150% but it didn't work either.

This is getting frustrating for me to work on this machine.

Please help me on this, I would really appreciate.

Thanks,
Vinod

Do you have the CCC (Catalyst Control Center) installed with the AMD Radeon drivers?

If so, use that to setup your display, see if that works.

1. Click the start button (
2. Type into the search box: appearance
3. Click on the link that appears near the top ---> Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows
4. Uncheck Smooth edges of screen fonts

See if that helps at all.

Hey, thanks for your prompt reply. And yes I've CCC installed for Radeon but this didn't work either.

Hi, I tried using upto 1366x768 resolution not lower than this. I also spoke to sony support guys n they say that, this will get fuzzy if we decrease its native resolution.

Sorry for not getting back to you, I've been having back problems for 3 weeks now.

Anyway, try 1440x900 resolution or 1024x768 see if either of those makes a difference.

Don

Back