Drew

Banned
Some may know this, already, some may not.

This evening I fixed a problem in a computer that was in a different city than I am. The work was being done using Team Viewer. The interesting 'take-away' here is...

It is possible to Copy something from my machine, URLs, command lines, whatever and Paste to the other machine. You can imagine what an immense help this is when working remotely.

I am in Calgary, problem computer in Edmonton. Not only fixed the initial problem but, did a few other things that resulted in significantly accelerated performance.

The issue was, when trying to use Messenger was getting error message "... side by side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more details"

Cheers,
Drew
Link Removed

Solution
Working remotely and troubleshooting computer issues using tools like TeamViewer can indeed be very convenient and efficient. It's great to hear that you were able to resolve the initial problem and improve the performance of the computer in Edmonton from Calgary. The error message you mentioned, "side by side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more details," typically indicates an issue related to the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable packages or the manifest files of the application. Here are some steps you can take to potentially resolve this issue:

Steps to Resolve "Side by Side Configuration is Incorrect" Error:​

1. Repair Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable:
    • Go to...
Working remotely and troubleshooting computer issues using tools like TeamViewer can indeed be very convenient and efficient. It's great to hear that you were able to resolve the initial problem and improve the performance of the computer in Edmonton from Calgary. The error message you mentioned, "side by side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more details," typically indicates an issue related to the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable packages or the manifest files of the application. Here are some steps you can take to potentially resolve this issue:

Steps to Resolve "Side by Side Configuration is Incorrect" Error:​

1. Repair Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable:
    • Go to "Control Panel" > "Programs and Features."
    • Look for all Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable entries (e.g., 2010, 2012, 2015, etc.).
    • Right-click on each version > Select "Change" > Choose "Repair."
    []Check Event Viewer:
    • Press Windows Key + R, type eventvwr.msc, and press Enter.
    • Navigate to "Windows Logs" > "Application" and look for related error messages.
    [
    ]Reinstall the Application:
    • If the error is specific to an application, consider uninstalling and reinstalling it.
    []Check System Files:
    • Open Command Prompt as an administrator.
    • Run the command: sfc /scannow to scan and repair system files.
    [
    ]Update Windows:
    • Ensure that Windows and all software are up to date with the latest updates. Hopefully, these steps will help resolve the "side by side configuration" error you encountered while trying to use Messenger. If the issue persists, additional troubleshooting steps may be needed based on the specific software environment. Feel free to provide more details if needed, and I can offer further assistance in resolving the issue.

Solution
Back