Windows 7 Gadgets problem and no aero

sharpie349

Hello all,
Whenever i try to click on get gadgets or the regular gadgets icon in the control panel absolutely nothing happens so i cant get any gadgets.
Whats wrong with it?

Also ive been trying to enable aero all day but it seems i dont have it and im stuck with the ugly grey for the superbar.
Can i fix it so i have aero.

For info i did a clean upgrade from xp to 7.

Thanks.

re

This is a problem I had and I was able to fix it by going into the registry to and changing

HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Windows/DWM/

Composition = 1
CompositionPolicy = 2

Then Restart Your Computer and go into the themes and select the windows 7 theme and you should be good to go.

Gadget Issue

I have the exact same problem with the gadgets...any ideas how i can resolve this????
Thanx

Hello all,
Whenever i try to click on get gadgets or the regular gadgets icon in the control panel absolutely nothing happens so i cant get any gadgets.
Whats wrong with it?

Also ive been trying to enable aero all day but it seems i dont have it and im stuck with the ugly grey for the superbar.
Can i fix it so i have aero.

For info i did a clean upgrade from xp to 7.

Thanks.

i had the same issue... i think it happened cuz i disabled my user account control or changed it to ""never notify".
so i moved the toggle up one level . and now gadgets work just fine.

Did you try the fix i put above that fools your computer to turn on Aero anyway. Also go into the personalization and go into theme and make sure windows 7 is chosen as the theme. After changing the registry entry restart your computer and see if it helps

as someone mentioned earlier its due to changing the UAC settings. If u change from default teh gadgets no longer work. i dont know about the issue with aero as i still had aero functioning while the gadgets were not.

Back
Top Bottom