Windows 7 Game Freezes

SasukeLX

I've been having an issue with games lately it didn't happen before...So i went to the HP Chat..I updated BIOS...Re-Installed Video Drivers...and still my problem persists. My problem is that when i play games lets say about 5 minutes or so my computer goes into a black screen and it FREEZES. When i have to hold the power button down to turn it off...

Here are my computer Specs.

HP Pavilion dv6 notebook PC

Processor: AMD Turion(tm) II Dual-Core Mobile M500 2.20GHz
Installed memory(RAM): 6.00 GB (5.75 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System
Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200

I have Windows 7. Please help me with this issue. Thanks in Advance.

I've been having an issue with games lately it didn't happen before...So i went to the HP Chat..I updated BIOS...Re-Installed Video Drivers...and still my problem persists. My problem is that when i play games lets say about 5 minutes or so my computer goes into a black screen and it FREEZES. When i have to hold the power button down to turn it off...

Here are my computer Specs.

HP Pavilion dv6 notebook PC

Processor: AMD Turion(tm) II Dual-Core Mobile M500 2.20GHz
Installed memory(RAM): 6.00 GB (5.75 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System
Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200

I have Windows 7. Please help me with this issue. Thanks in Advance.

Hi Sasuke,
To save confusion I've merged your threads and moved them to the correct section. Just for future reference please try not to double post.

As for your problem, Do you know what your temps are like? (Overheating can exhibit the symptoms you describe) This free app will let you monitor their ranges: HWiNFO32 version 3.58 download from Guru3D.com

If you are in fact a little too warm try cleaning the air vents with something like a small paint brush. If you have a can of compressed air then even better as you can blow it out. (you can buy these from office supplies). Let us know if this post helps any.. :)

Sorry about the double post it was because since i joined the forum and didn't see the thread appear right after i posted (Since I'm used to see it appear.) I made another thread my apologize...But yea i don't feel heat at all i can hear the fan rising...but i played the other day and my computer shut down by itself and told me it was because of over heat. I don't know what to do anymore it's happening to all the games i used to play without any problems...after that this problem has been happening...PLEASE HELP ME!

Why not try my suggestions in the post above. As dust slowly builds up over time it can get to frightening proportions. I'd download the above app, check your temps and then report back please.

Also make you don't have other apps running in the background as this can add to the heat issue.

Last edited:
HWiNFO32 Sensor Status

AMD K10+ Thermal Sensor

CPU 0 Current: 140.9 F Min: 140.0 F Max: 143.8 F

S.M.A.R.T.

ST9320423AS Current: 95.0 F Min: 95.0 F Max: 95.0 F

ST9320323AS Airflow Current: 95.0 F Min: 95.0 F Max: 95.0 F

ATI On-die @ GPU[#0] ATI Mobility RADEON HD 4200 (RS880M)

GPU Utilization Current: 0.000% Min: 0.000% Max: 0.000%

I hope that is the information needed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom