Windows 7 Games freezing

YoKaH

My windows 7 works flawless except when I play games I get random freezes with looping sound that can last few seconds and sometimes this has caused for the whole computer to crash.
This happens in Counter strike Source and Jedi Knight academy
which are almost the only games I play right now.
I have had Acer Aspire 7551 (laptop) for almost 5 months now.
I'v updated my sound drivers and graphic drivers but it hasn't worked.
I thought about trying to figure what motherboard this laptop has but I just have no idea what and can't see that anywhere to probably update it's drivers but isn't it that windows 7 instals those stuff automatically?

Last edited:
sounds to me like your HD may be going to sleep mode after 20mins in power saveing options, this is well known to cause lag when the game needs some data and has to spin up for a few seconds. try setting to the always on for HD, while it'll eat more battery, for gaming you should be plugged into mains for max performance anyway.

Last edited:
Thx for the tip! didn't think of that earlier so I believe I have solved the issue now since I have never had problem like this with this computer,
because I just realised my power setting was sort of accidently set on the ''best performance but less power consuming'' meaning it might have restricted the power too much for the Hd example causing lag.
So I think this is solved now but if problem continues I'll reply

Last edited:
Then i suggest do the next step of troubleshooting for performance, which involves checking that your drivers are updated, windows is updated, and if that doesnt help try deffragging the computer, and running some scans for nasty trojans with some free apps like spybot S&D and Malwarebytes.

If after all that, well it could be stuff you have installed is interfering (more than one Antivirus app being used? over protective 2nd firewall programs? too many system bar apps running with not enough resources spare).

Back