Windows 7 Gaming Issues

x2004avy

Hello all,

I've just gotten a new computer with Windows 7 on it, and have run into a rather frustrating gaming issue.

During bouts of gaming in both Dragon Age: Origins and City of Heroes, after an average hour of gaming, the sound begins to get glitchy, often repeating syllables or scratching in the ambient music. This in and of itself interferes with the gaming experience, but after a few minutes of this, my internet connection unfailingly crashes, and will not reconnect without a forced restart of the computer.

I'm running on an intel i5 processor, 8gb of ram, THX TruStudio sound, ATI Radeon HD5770 graphics, and all drivers are completely up to date.

Any help would be appreciated.

Running into problems

Hello all,

I've just gotten a new computer with Windows 7 on it, and have run into a rather frustrating gaming issue.

During bouts of gaming in both Dragon Age: Origins and City of Heroes, after an average hour of gaming, the sound begins to get glitchy, often repeating syllables or scratching in the ambient music. This in and of itself interferes with the gaming experience, but after a few minutes of this, my internet connection unfailingly crashes, and will not reconnect without a forced restart of the computer. Thusfar the event hasn't been recreated while playing WoW.

I'm running on an intel i5 processor, Windows 7 64bit, 8gb of ram, THX TruStudio sound, ATI Radeon HD5770 graphics, and all drivers are completely up to date.

Any help would be appreciated.

after an average hour of gaming, the sound begins to get glitchy, often repeating syllables or scratching in the ambient music.
If this starts happening after an hour of gaming, could this be due to some other process that starts and interferes with the game, such as an AV engine or firewall? Perhaps internet connection (on which your game is dependent) starts being overloaded and slowing down your game? 1 hour is not much, but maybe overheating?

Also, do you have all available game and system patches, as well as latest audio and video drivers?

~~~~~

Please, do not start same threads twice.

Last edited:
Back