Windows Vista generic webcam driver vs logitech driver

Briardlady

I was using a logitech webcam on an xp laptop, without installing the software, no problem. It just installed a generic driver. Switched to a Vista Home premium laptop, and the *&^% thing keeps insisting on installing the logitech software off the web. I have to be able to use this webcam WITHOUT logitech drivers, because they interfere with the server configuration for live streaming I am doing. I have deleted and restarted a dozen times, looked for any setting to tell it just do a generic driver, and I am ready to pitch the whole thing through a window! Help! I have very unhappy puppy buyers wanting to watch their pups.

BTW, I am a very happy Vista Ultimate user on my desktop, and the webcam did just fine on it without logitech drivers. Where so I find a setting to tell this borrowed laptop to quit trying to help me?

Why not turn off the update utility whilst you install the device with your drivers? Once it's installed just set the update utility to 'Check for updates but let me choose whether to install them'.. That way it shouldn't auto update the drivers..

Back