Girl Scout leader admits taking $8,000 worth of cookies without paying

reghakr

Essential Member
Link Removed due to 404 Error

(NBC News Channel)

MOUNT ORAB, Ohio (NBC News Channel) -- An Ohio woman has admitted taking more than 2,000 boxes of Girl Scout cookies but never paying for them.

The Brown County Sheriff's Office said that Donya R. Waits pleaded guilty last week to charges of theft. Sheriff Dwayne Wenninger said that Waits, 35, reported that her child had sold 2,359 boxes of Girl Scout cookies in January 2010. She admitted that she received the cookies but never paid the Girl Scouts for them. Deputies said Waits told them she took the cookies so that she could feed her family. The cookies were valued at $8,256.50.

Waits and her husband, Michael A. Waits, 44, also pleaded guilty to theft by deception for taking $26,500 from a 76-year-old man in 2009 by convincing him they would pay him back once they received a large inheritance.

Donya Waits remains in custody at the Brown County Adult Detention Center.

Michael Waits was released from custody on $25,000 bond.

Source: Link Removed due to 404 Error

Geeze. There's a bit of a difference between the two crimes hey? I mean, stealing cookies and stealing $26,500. I guess I'm just assuming she ate them :) Resale on the cookies is a lot too I suppose.

Back