Gmail Problem

rejlocal22

I am having a problem with Gmail. I get the following message when i click on my mail icon:

We couldn't access this account: Gmail. You might need to update your password or give account permission to sync to this device.

Has anyone ever receive this type of message.? I already changed my password on Gmail but I cannot find the setting that gives permission to sync.
Also when I click on the first mail message, two more identical mails pop up with the same message.
I tried to get Gmail customer help from a phone number listed on the net, but was told this number is no longer in service. If I cannot get this fixed, I may have to go to another email service. Can anyone help? I do not know if part of this problem lies with Windows, that's why I posted it here.

Neemobeer

Application and Cloud Security Engineer
Staff member
You sure it's not a Firefox message about syncing?

1641679766133.png

Neemobeer

Application and Cloud Security Engineer
Staff member
Post a screenshot of the message. Gmail in a browser would not require any permissions.

rejlocal22

Í recently downloaded windows 11 and almost immediantly there were problems and this may have caused it when I went back to windows 10.

rejlocal22

I deleted the account and then went back in to re-register. Then when I got to the user name which is your email address. a message poped up saying I could not use my recent email and would had to change it. This means I would have to contact all companies and people of the change. I will not do that. However, I was able to recover my account. If I had to make this change, I would find another email provider that has live customer help or chat with a live person.