Google Chrome

Google Chrome 62.0.3202.94

Google Chrome 7.0.517.0 is in the Dev Channel

Google has now made available a new Chrome build through the Dev Channel, the 7.0.517.0 version which is available for Windows and Linux users and mostly contains fixes.

The full changelog of this latest release looks like this:

All

- added about:labs (a list of experimental features available)

- Fewer wstrings in the bookmark code

- Problems visiting http://localhost in various network configurations should be resolved

Linux

- Issue 29333 - use_system_xml causes many sites to fail to load

- Remove libxml hack that is not needed after we rolled in the WebKit fix

- Fix default browser selection on KDE 4 on many RPM-based distributions.

chrome-705170dev01.jpg

Download here: Dev channel: Google Chrome for Windows - Terms and Conditions Agreement

Ref: Google Chrome 7.0.517.0 is in the Dev Channel | TechConnect Magazine

I currently use this build and love it. Highly recommended

I thank you I just updated Chrome. I am trying it out. My current default is Fire Fox
Chrome seems to do quite well though. I use Chrome at times and I also use MSIE 8 at times.
Google Chrome 7.0.517.0 is in the Dev Channel

Google has now made available a new Chrome build through the Dev Channel, the 7.0.517.0 version which is available for Windows and Linux users and mostly contains fixes.

The full changelog of this latest release looks like this:

All

- added about:labs (a list of experimental features available)

- Fewer wstrings in the bookmark code

- Problems visiting http://localhost in various network configurations should be resolved

Linux

- Issue 29333 - use_system_xml causes many sites to fail to load

- Remove libxml hack that is not needed after we rolled in the WebKit fix

- Fix default browser selection on KDE 4 on many RPM-based distributions.

chrome-705170dev01.jpg

Download here: Dev channel: Google Chrome for Windows - Terms and Conditions Agreement

Ref: Google Chrome 7.0.517.0 is in the Dev Channel | TechConnect Magazine

I currently use this build and love it. Highly recommended

Chrome Stable and Beta channels updated, shed more bugs

Link Removed - Invalid URL
Both the Stable and Beta channels of Google's Chrome browser have moved up to version 6.0.472.59, the purpose of this update being to fix multiple vulnerabilities, including one rated 'critical' and six deemed 'high'.
The list of bugs resolved with this new release includes the following:
- [Mac only] [53361] Critical Fix bug 45400 properly on the Mac.
- [50250] High Use-after-free when using document APIs during parse.
- [50712] High Use-after-free in SVG styles.
- [51252] High Use-after-free with nested SVG elements.
- [51919] High Race condition in console handling.
- [53394] High Memory corruption in Geolocation.
- [Linux only] [53930] High Memory corruption in Khmer handling.
- [Linux only] [51709] Low Possible browser assert in cursor handling.
- [53176] Low Unlikely browser crash in pop-up blocking.
- [54006] Low Failure to prompt for extension history access

Ref: Chrome Stable and Beta channels updated, shed more bugs | TechConnect Magazine

Download: Google Chrome - Get a fast new browser. For PC, Mac, and Linux

Google has released Version 6.0.472.62 of the Chrome browser. This version contains several security fixes and an update of the built-in Flash plugin to address a security issue.

Chrome Stable and Beta channels get a new bugfix update

Still no jump to Chrome 7 but the Beta and Stable builds of Google Chrome are still kept fresh with updates that resolve various issues. The latest such release is version 6.0.472.63 which is available for all desktop platform and fixes a bug in V8 with direct loading of global function prototypes.

Ref: Chrome Stable and Beta channels get a new bugfix update | TechConnect Magazine

Download: Google Chrome - Get a fast new browser. For PC, Mac, and Linux

This article is about the 6.0xxx version o9f Chrome, I am using the version 7.0.517.8 the latest updated version of Chrome for evaluation purposes, my Primary browser is FF

To Clarify:

The above version (version 6.0.472.63) is actually the latest 'stable' build. Chrome 7.0.517.8 is a development build..

Same here sarge.. To say it's only a dev build it's incredibly stable and I've yet to have a problem with it..

Google Chrome 7.0.536.2 awaiting in the Dev channel

Kicking off the Friday fun, Google made available through the Dev channel a new build of its WebKit-based browser known as Chrome. Coming for all three major desktop platform (Windows, Mac, Linux), Chrome 7.0.536.2 has WebGL support enabled by default and includes a few more fixes.
The changelog of this latest Chrome release features the following:
All
- Fixed saving passwords containing non-ASCII characters.
- Accelerated compositing and support for 3D CSS transforms enabled by default
- Regression fix: keep the download shelf visible when multiple sites are saved.
- Add a lab for the Page Info Bubble for Windows and Linux; Mac coming shortly.
Windows
- Fixed a problem with context menus where the presence of extension-added items prevented keyboard accelerators from working.
Mac
- More keyboard shortcuts for Tab Overview.
- Add sqlite and javascript memory columns to task manager
Linux
- Add javascript memory column to task manager
- Make compile-time dependency on gnome-keyring optional
- Resolved problems accessing FTP sites
To download Chrome 7.0.536.2 see this page.

Ref: Google Chrome 7.0.536.2 awaiting in the Dev channel | TechConnect Magazine

Google's WebKit-loving browser squad has now let loose the first Chrome 8.0 build through the Dev channel, the 8.0.552.0 version which is said to feature 'a number of stability and other improvements', including added support for GPU acceleration.

The GPU Accelerated Canvas 2D option can be found on the about:labs page and is disabled by default.

Early Access Release Channels - The Chromium Projects

I get following when trying to open your attachment
Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the Link Removed due to 404 Error
I have already found that and ticked the boxes. I still get the page when I click on new tab. If I click the home tab then it switches to my homepage but every new tab I open it, it looks like this. See attachment. So I'm still confused. For what ever reason the attachment tab is not working. clicked on it and it been almost 10 minutes and nothing. I finally worked.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Google has released Version 7.0.517.41 of the Chrome browser. Changes in this version include an updated HTML5 parser, directory upload via input tag, and a large number of bug fixes.

Back