Google Chrome

Google Chrome 62.0.3202.94

Google Chrome is pretty much the best browser I've used yet. The only reason I stopped running it is because I don't like browsers that run extra services in the background... no matter what they're there for or how AMAZINGLY fast they start up the browsing engine... I also wanted a browser with 64-bit support, or a platform for its own.

I know you can turn off the service and the browser will still work just fine, but it's all about the PRINCIPAL!!!

Google has released Version 3.0.195.21 of the Chrome browser. This is a major release which includes support for themes, a new New Tab page, an updated omnibox, support for audio and video tags, and a higher performing V8 engine.

I just keep up to date with the latest Link Removed due to 404 Error builds instead. The latest stable version as posted is still missing extension support, of which there are numerous now, ranging from Email notification to ad/flash blockers. It's also missing the nifty 'Bookmark Sync' feature which allows you to store bookmarks via you Gmail account and use them on whichever PC you happen to be using :)

Google has released Version 3.0.195.25 of the Chrome browser. This version adds an image link to the new tab page which directs new users to the themes gallery.

Google has released Version 4.1.249.1036 of the Chrome browser. The changes include the addition of the translation infobar and new privacy settings, as well as bug fixes.

Google has released Version 4.1.249.1064 of the Chrome browser. The changes include fixing an incorrect Java plugin path, resolving javascript rendering issues, and several security fixes.

Google has made another Chrome leap today by updating the browser's stable build to 5.0.375.55 to provide users with even more speed and stability, less bugs, plus extra HTML5 features like geolocation, file drag-and-drop in Gmail, App Cache and web sockets.
In addition to those listed above, this new Chrome release comes with the ability to synchronize browser preferences (themes, homepage settings, web content settings, preferred languages), with an extensions manager, and fixes for the following bugs:
- [7713] Canonicalize URLs closer to the Safe Browsing specification.
- [16535] Possible URL bar spoofing via unload event handlers.
- [30079] Memory error in Safe Browsing interaction.
- [39740] Bypass of whitelist-mode plugin blocker.
- [41469] Memory error with drag + drop. Credit to kuzzcc.
- [42228] Incorrect execution of Javascript in the extension context.
Chrome 5.0.375.55 is available for Windows , Mac OS and Linux .

Ref: Link Removed - Invalid URL

Download: Google Chrome - Get a fast new browser. For PC, Mac, and Linux

Beside laughing in the face of Viacom (see YouTube case ruling), Google has also let loose a new Beta-tagged version of Chrome - 5.0.375.86, one that has Adobe's Flash Player plug-in enabled by default and is generally more secure than its predecessors.
The extra 'safety' comes from the five fixes includes which tackle the following issues:
- (Medium) XSS via application/json response (regression).
- (Medium) Memory error in video handling.
- (High) Subresource displayed in omnibox loading.
- (High) Memory error in video handling.
- (High) Stale pointer in x509-user-cert response.
Chrome 5.0.375.86 beta is available for Windows , Mac OS and Linux .

Ref: Link Removed - Invalid URL

Back
Top Bottom