Windows 7 Google's Chrome Browser Finally shows up

lorenkjr1

Extraordinary Member
Will not say much yet as this is a little different then I expected. Actually a lot different. Fast yes, easy very, does it have everything that I am used to, not unless they have some things hidden that I don't see yet. One thing you may well have a problem with is saving passwords. It did not work for me twice now, so I will have to work with that some more yet. I forgot the download link, and will try to get back with that one later.

No question to it being ok. It is however, unlike any browser I have seen before and I think I have seen a few. It will take some getting used to for sure. And at least for now I do not see any add ons coming it's way any time soon. Though of course that may not not be true.

I am not a fan of tabbed browsing. Chrome is very much orientated to that. I found it extremely clumsy, if you were on a page, to get back to a position where you could select a new bookmark.
I loaded my own home page, which is quite heavy on graphics, with each of the maion browsers Opera - IE8 - Firefox and Chrome, from a fresh login. Each completely loaded my home page in +)- 7 to 8 seconds. Not a difference to get too excited about. It probably varies with your customisation (Very little at the moment, on Chrome)
Having once accessed pages, however, Chrome , by selecting one of the thumbnail bookmarks, was undoubtably faster. But you pay a small price. If you peep into the Chrome folder, you will find that all the opening pages are cached. This means, of course, that it is loading from the hard disk.
here is a really interesting review. (Note the Flash comments, kemical!)
Link Removed due to 404 Error

I've read a few reviews lately from the above to ones concerning IE8. I've tried running both browsers and checking resources ect. It seems everyone has got their favourite. I'm still a little undecided, I'm writing this using chrome but still like and use IE8. So for me, the jury is still out but on the whole I think either browser does what it's supposed too!

I've stopped using this version of chrome as I found I couldn't copy and paste from the address bar but it's a minor niggle and I'll definatlely try the next version.

Phew! I just stopped in time then! Seriously though, I think it will be a browser to consider if and when they iron out the bugs.
Thanks to davehc for the heads up..

Yes .!!Take care with "Chrome". See

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Action the part that says " The security organisation advises users to turn on the 'ask where to save each file before downloading' option under the browser's 'minor tweaks' preference tab in order to negate the security risk."
To do this click on spanner icon on top right corner, then select options from drop -down menu. Click on "minor tweaks" and then check box "ask where to save each file before downloading".

Thanks kemical. Just back from an extended holiday & trying to catch up with everything.Nice to see some new faces making contributions to the forum.

Yup, glad to see you back around.. :) Like you say, there's been some good input lately, lets hope it continues. Just to get back on topic a mo' ... I suddenly realised when using my IE 8 that there's no little mail button (to call up outlook or live mail) on chrome and I find that feature incredibly useful. Maybe it'll appear in later versions?

Right, Star treks on tv.......:D laters

Ok
fire up the update part of Chrome, you will find that under about Chrome; as there is a new update. Not much of anything said yet as to what's been updated but, maybe that will come out later.

Back