Graphic Drivers

Nvidia has released the Beta 275.27 driver for Windows XP, Vista and 7. This driver is for GeForce 6 and higher desktop cards. It adds support for the new GeForce GTX 560, and improves performance on the GTX 400 and 500 series in several games. The driver also adds automatic SLI, multi-GPU and AA profile updates via the Nvidia Update feature, improves Desktop Scaling functionality and provides a new user interface for scaling features, and has 3D Vision improvements. The driver package also contains the 9.10.0514 PhysX drivers.

NVIDIA Driver Downloads - Advanced Search

Here is a early release of the Catalyst Application Profile 11.5 CAP2 . It's provided by Guru 3D (excellent site) and as yet there is no release notes.

Link

AMD Catalyst 11.5b preview RC5

Release notes:
Enables AMD CrossFire™ scaling for Brink
Enables AMD CrossFire scaling for The Witcher 2
Improves performance for Dirt 3

Link Removed - Invalid URL

As usual this should be considered a beta driver and used at your own risk.

Nvidia has released the 275.33 WHQL certified driver. This driver is for GeForce 6 and higher desktop cards. It adds support for the new GeForce GTX 560 card, and improves performance on the GTX 400 and 500 series in several games, including Witcher 2, Crysis 2 and Portal 2. The driver also adds automatic SLI, multi-GPU and AA profile updates via the Nvidia Update feature, improves Desktop Scaling functionality and provides a new user interface for scaling features, and has 3D Vision improvements. The driver package also contains the 9.10.0514 PhysX drivers.NVIDIA Driver Downloads - Advanced Search

Catalyst 11.6 whql:

AMD Catalyst 11.6 Win 7 | Vista (64-bit)

AMD Catalyst 11.6 Win 7 | Vista (32-bit)

Release notes to follow.

Highlights of the AMD Catalyst 11.6 Windows release includes:
New Features:
  • AMD Steady Video
    • Steady Video is currently an AMD exclusive feature based on AMD APP Technology
    • By applying advanced algorithms behind the scenes, users do not have to deal with shaky or unstable video ever again!
    • Capabilities scale with hardware and are end user controlled
  • Image Stabilization brought to YouTube!
  • Decode Acceleration of MPEG-4 part 2 content
    • AMD has enabled decode acceleration of MPEG-4 part 2 content in Microsoft video player applications (through MFT support) for all AMD Radeon 6000 Series
Performance Enhancements
Performance highlights of the AMD Catalyst 11.6 release includes:
  • Performance gains in Crysis of up to 7% on AMD Radeon HD 6000 series single card configurations.
  • Performance gains in F1 2010 of up to 8% in DirectX 11 mode on AMD Radeon HD 6000 series products in single and Crossfire configurations.
  • Performance gains in Far Cry 2 of up to 5% on AMD Radeon HD 6000 series products in single and Crossfire configurations.
  • Performance gains in HAWX of up to 8% on AMD Radeon HD 6000 series products in single and Crossfire configurations.
  • Performance gains in the Unigine OpenGL tests of up to 10% on AMD Radeon HD 6000 series single card configurations.
Resolved Issues for the Windows 7 Operating System
This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst 11.6 software suite for Windows 7. These include:
  • Flashing titles are no longer displayed when playing F1 2010 in a Crossfire environment.
  • Video playback no longer intermittently displays a black screen when using Windows Media Player.
  • Graphics and Gaming scores are now correctly computed in the Windows Performance Index.
  • A BSOD error is no longer generated randomly when Crossfire is enabled/disabled after video/LCD overdrive settings are changed on HD 6900 series products.
  • Crossfire is now correctly enabled when playing The Witcher 2 on HD 6800 series products. (when used with AMD Catalyst 11.5 CAP 5 release)
  • Screen tearing is no longer randomly seen when playing Riddick 2 at high performance settings and with Crossfire enabled.
  • The game Kings Bounty now renders correctly.
  • The game Empire Total War now no longer displays random flickering and in-game buttons display correctly.
  • Google Earth now performs smoothly in OpenGL mode.
  • Crossfire is now correctly enabled when playing Cars 2 on HD 6900 series products.
  • Sid Meyers Civilization V no longer displays intermittent graphical corruption when played in DirectX 10 mode in a Crossfire environment.
  • Heaven 2.1 running in DirectX 11 mode no longer displays intermittent graphical corruption in a Crossfire environment.
  • Crossfire is correctly enabled when playing LEGO : Pirates of the Caribbean on HD6800 and HD 6900 series products.
  • Poor performance is no longer experienced while Playing Heroes of Newerth and when the cursor is moved to the top right or bottom right corner of the screen.
  • Mouse cursor corruption (in the upper right portion of the screen) should be resolved

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst116ReleaseNotes.aspx

Last edited:
after installting AMD catalyst this pop up "No AMD device driver installed" and strange thing is in the device manager ATI radeon HD 4330 suddenly chaanges to ATI radeon HD 4300. how do you fix this?

Hi nemea,
I'm guessing your using a laptop? If so please refer to the manufacturers website and install the drivers from there.

Just to add this is an update thread and so not really the right place for your question. Any problems please pm me and I'll be happy to help. :)

i just did went to their website, and that's where the problem begin. will post back the result if there is any thank you kemical.:)

Just thought I'd give you the heads up, them 11.6 drivers are very poor for DIRT2 & 3, other games seem fine but them two lost about 30fps (was running 45fps max !!) till reverted back to the 11.5 hotfix b3's. At first I blamed my new Driving Force GT wheel I bought today, but was performing just as badly without it plugged in using my X360 pad.

Last edited:
Nvidia has released the Beta 275.50 driver for Windows XP, Vista and 7. This driver is for GeForce 6 and higher desktop cards. It is identical to the 275.33 WHQL driver, except for enabling SLI on 990FX, 990X and 970 AMD chipset motherboards, and providing 3D Vision performance improvements in Duke Nukem 3D with 3 or 4-way SLI. The driver package also contains the 9.10.0514 PhysX drivers.

After getting a on screen message the other day I went to AMD and updated again :blink:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Here is an early build of Cat 11.7 which was released alongside gDEBUGGER. FPS for Cysis 2 is improved as well as various changes to the CCC.

No problem Mitchell. Here is a modded version of the above driver:

Back