Graphic Drivers

Nvidia has released the Beta Forceware 190.38 driver for Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7. These drivers are for all GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200 and ION series cards. The drivers add support for OpenGL 3.1, add support for CUDA 2.3, and add several new control panel features including a new user-controlled power management setting for the GeForce 9 series and above. The package also contains the 9.09.0428 PhysX drivers.

Nvidia has released the Official Forceware 186.34 driver for Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7. These WHQL certified drivers are specifically for the new GeForce GT 220 graphics card. There are no release notes available.

Nvidia has released the Official Forceware 190.38 driver for Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7. These WHQL certified drivers are for all GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200 and ION series cards. The drivers appear to be identical to the 190.38 Beta Forceware released a few days ago. They add support for OpenGL 3.1 and CUDA 2.3, and include several new control panel features such as a user-controlled power management setting for the GeForce 9 series and above. The package also contains the 9.09.0428 PhysX drivers.

ATI has released the Catalyst 9.7 graphics drivers for the HD2000 series and newer under Windows Vista and Windows 7. This version is the first official unified WHQL certified graphics driver for Windows 7 RTM and Vista. Importantly it contains changes to the Catalyst Control Center, updates the ATI video encoder to provide support for Windows 7, provides performance improvements in cases where framerates are CPU limited, and has a range of bug fixes. Note that the XP version of these drivers will be released shortly.

Hit the link for access to some leaked Nvidia 190.40 betas:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Nvidia has released the Beta Forceware 190.56 driver for Windows XP, Vista and 7. These drivers are a special release for GeForce 8, 9, 100, 200 and Quadro series cards, adding OpenGL 3.2 support. Since they are released on the Nvidia Developer site, they should be considered experimental.

The best drivers are the ones you get on a DVD with your video card. Those "improved" ones get released every month or two and often have lots of issues. I used to upgrad NVIDIA driver and had to try 4 or 5 forcewares before I found FW 177 that worked no issues with my GeForce 7600 GT. Now for my new system I'll never try anything else other than my native Sapphire ATI drivers, if really not forced by a decent game or my 3DSMax. Don't really go for those immature 3 in 1.

The best drivers are the ones you get on a DVD with your video card. Those "improved" ones get released every month or two and often have lots of issues. I used to upgrad NVIDIA driver and had to try 4 or 5 forcewares before I found FW 177 that worked no issues with my GeForce 7600 GT. Now for my new system I'll never try anything else other than my native Sapphire ATI drivers, if really not forced by a decent game or my 3DSMax. Don't really go for those immature 3 in 1.

Disks that come your graphics card will always contain old drivers..As for new releases, these often include updates to performance and game bugs, whilst it is true however that certain beta releases should be viewed with caution...

Last edited:
New Beta Forceware

Have to check this one out with Rivatuner, have a chance check out my new thread in Vista Support.

Last edited:
Stealthy as a coughing goblin, Nvidia has today introduced a new version of its PhysX system software. According to its maker, the WHQL-certified PhysX v9.09.0814 has support for Ageia PhysX PPUs and GeForce 8, 9, 100 and 200 series graphics cards with at least 32 Processing Cores and 256MB of memory and features the following:

- Optimized for best performance in Terminator Salvation and Batman Arkham Asylum.
- Runtime upgrade only for Ageia PhysX processors users.
- Includes runtimes for the PhysX SDK 2.8.3
- Includes the latest PhysX runtime builds to support all released PhysX content.
- Supports Nvidia PhysX acceleration on GeForce via CUDA 2.0 for SDK versions 2.7.3, 2.7.2, 2.7.5, 2.8.0, 2.8.1 and 2.8.3 (requires graphics driver v177.81 or later).
- Supports control of your GPU PhysX configuration from the Nvidia display driver control panel. (requires graphics driver v180.00 or later).

The PhysX System Software 9.09.0814 is available Link Removed - Invalid URL (37MB download) for Windows XP, Vista and 7.

The above was copied and pasted from here:

Nvidia rolls out PhysX 9.09.0814 - VR-Zone.com: News and Reviews

ATI has released the Catalyst 9.8 graphics drivers for the HD2000 series and newer. However they are not yet available on the main AMD Support site - they can be downloaded via the links at the bottom of this post on the Official AMD Blog. This version contains OpenGL 3.1 support, as well as potential performance improvements in games such as Crysis, Far Cry 2, Battleforge, and World in Conflict.

I just tested these drivers and they are quick.

Last edited:
ATI has released a Hotfix driver which resolves potential problems with several games, including Resident Evil 5, Company of Heroes, Ghostbusters and Sims 3.

Nvidia has released the Official Forceware 190.62 driver for Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7. These WHQL certified drivers are for all GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200 and ION series cards. The drivers add WHQL support on Windows 7 for Microsoft’s new DirectX GPU Computing API: DirectCompute, improve performance in the latest PhysX titles such as Batman: Arkham Asylum and Darkest of Days, and have a range of bug fixes. The package also contains the 9.09.0814 PhysX drivers.

Nvidia has released the Beta Forceware 190.57 driver for Windows XP, Vista and 7. These drivers are a special release for GeForce 8, 9, 100, 200 and Quadro series cards, providing OpenGL 3.2 and GLSL 1.50 support. Since they are released on the Nvidia Developer site, they should be considered experimental.

Nvidia has released the Official Forceware 186.81 driver for Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7. These WHQL certified drivers are for most GeForce 8M, 9M, 100M, 200M, Quadro NVS and Quadro FX series notebook graphics cards. The drivers include several application compatibility fixes. The package also contains the 9.09.0428 PhysX drivers.

Nvidia has released an SLI Profile Update 2. This update provides multi-GPU users with support for Biohazard 5, Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood, Majesty 2 and Need for Speed: Shift, and improves performance in Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Ten days following the release of versions 186.81 and 186.82, version 186.91 for Windows Vista and Windows 7. They originate from Microsoft Update and are compatible with just about every GPU from the GeForce 6 generation onwards due to the NV_WHQL.inf file in the packages, regardless of OEM. Obviously, these drivers are WHQL Certified.

This driver does NOT come with PhysX and 3D Vision installers.

Download:
Post taken from this page here: ForceWare 186.91 WHQL Windows 7 and Vista released

Last edited:
I am a bit confused. Why did the version number go down? Or am I seeing things again (grin)? I always grew up thinking new versions go up and not down, right?

Nvidia has two teams working on drivers, thats why the numbers differ so.. If you notice there is one set/version numbered 190 something and the other set start with the number 186. So these latest ones are later than the last version of 186.81/82 as they are numbered 186.91 but are not to be confused with the versions starting with the 190 numbers..
Sorry if thats not too clear.. (it's getting late)

Back
Top Bottom