Graphicn(card) problem?

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Graphics' started by SassleFrassle, May 5, 2010.

1. SassleFrassle

SassleFrassle New Member

Hello,

Okay, I have a big problem. I got a laptop from Ebay (Compaq Evo N800c [15" screen]). It came with Windows XP that looked like crap because he had it "rigged" to look like Vista, and I hated it. So I installed Windows 7 after finding out that the laptop can support it. The problem is that Aero won't run... I narrowed it down to the graphic/video card. I came to this assumption because after running a WEI, the graphics and gaming graphics were both a 1.0. I do not know what kind I have though. I checked the drivers on the COMPAQ site (Compaq Evo n800c Notebook PC) and none of them would install. When I tried to install the either graphic driver, it said to install a generic VGA adapter first.
    [​IMG]

I can't use Aero, and I think that this is the reason why the laptop is SO slow as well (graphic card not Aero).

Here are the Specs from DxDiag...
    [​IMG]

and...
    [​IMG]

I am about ready to just put XP back on here... but I am too stubborn to just give up like that... :)

Any help?
    Thanks!

Sorry if this posts twice.

2. Highwayman

Highwayman Extraordinary Member

Nothing I've come across suggests a 7500 mobile gpu will cut it on AERO, that said I'd still recommend using windows 7 in basic/classic mode over XP, there just so much else that is good about the OS than just aero.

3. SassleFrassle

SassleFrassle New Member

Well, it's my GF's computer, so I'm trying to do the 'nerdy' thing and fix it, lol. There is also no screensaver. It says... "The screensaver can't run because it requires a newer video card, or one that is compatible with Direct3D."

Does that help any?

4. Highwayman

Highwayman Extraordinary Member

typically a freshly installed windows 7 will still require you to download DX9 setup as dx11 doesn't include all of the previous builds

5. exela

exela New Member

I had the same problem and still couldn't make it work. I gave up and blame it on the video-card , that is to old and it's not supporting Aero. Have windows 7 but i can't enjoy Aero.