Graphics card issues! Please help!

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)' started by Logan123, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Logan123

Logan123 Member

Hello everybody, I had recently installed a fresh windows and need drivers. since my motherboard is an all series I need all series drivers right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Windows Forums mobile app

2. Digerati

Digerati Fantastic Member
    Microsoft MVP

You need to be much more specific if you want a specific answer. I don't know exactly what "all series" means in this context but I suspect you motherboard isn't one. Often, motherboard makers come out with a "series" of motherboards that are similar but vary in features (and price) depending on the specific model.

The F150 is the "series" of light duty pickup trucks by Ford but there are many models within that series. There are regular cab, extended cab, crew cab models. And within each of those, there is the XL, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum, and Limited trim levels. And within each of those, you can get different length box styles and engine sizes too.

You cannot just go to the Ford parts store and say I want new doohickey for my F150. You have to be specific about the exact model even though all those models are in the same F150 "series". Same with motherboards. You need to visit your computer or motherboard maker's website, find the exact model number, then use those drivers.

3. XAOS

XAOS Member

Would it not have been simpler just to ask the OP to give us the make and numbers off their Motherboard and help the OP find the correct drivers?

4. Digerati

Microsoft MVP

And joining a thread just to criticize another poster was helpful?

Not only did I explain we need more information, I explained why, with examples. You helped how?

5. XAOS

XAOS Member

My apologies.
    I thought the OP wanted drivers, not a lecture. My Bad

6. Digerati

Microsoft MVP

And I told him how to get them by visiting his computer or motherboard's website and downloading the drivers for his specific board. So again, how is you criticizing others and dictating how others contribute their volunteer time helpful?

If you, Dougie, a member for less than 30 days, don't approve of the posts other long time members make, there's a Report button at the bottom of each post that will get the attention of site staff. I recommend you use that instead of trying to impose your style on other helpers, and running threads off-topic. Thanks.

@Logan123 - sorry for the distraction. As noted above, you need to go by the specific model number (not series) of your motherboard (or computer, if factory build), then visit that website to find the applicable drivers. If you need help with that, don't hesitate to ask and please, keep us posted.

#6 Digerati, Jun 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
    Logan123 likes this.
  7. Mike

Mike Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter

It is very important that we try to disengage ourselves from personal disputes and focus on the subject matter at hand. I hope that we can discontinue any argumentative behavior in this thread, and continue to try to help the OP assuming he can provide additional system specifications.

Digerati likes this.
  8. Logan123

Logan123 Member

I had recently got a fresh windows 7 on my pc and put the AMD driver download disk in and it went through with the download and when it restarted the screen had black cracks through it and flickered. when I restored the system it was fine. does anyone know what's going on here? Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Windows Forums mobile app

9. Logan123

Logan123 Member

I had recently installed a fresh version of windows and have gotten all of my drivers downloaded but when i put my graphics care download disc in, it downloads it but when it reboots my pc while it says welcome black cracks appear in the screen and then it goes to a blue screen and freezes. My graphics card is an amda00 and other people have had issues with it any suggestions or help? Thanks!

My specs:
    Operating System
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
    CPU
    Intel Core i5 4690K @ 3.50GHz 42 °C
    Haswell 22nm Technology
    RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 (10-11-10-30)
    Motherboard
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 2 (SOCKET 1150) 28 °C
    Graphics
    ASUS VS247 (1920x1080@1Hz)
    16MB ATI Standard VGA Graphics Adapter (Sapphire/PCPartner)
    Storage
    238GB ADATA SP600 ATA Device (SSD) 40 °C
    Optical Drives
    ASUS DRW-24F1ST b ATA Device
    Audio
    High Definition Audio Device

10. Logan123

Logan123 Member

Sorry guys. My specs are here:
    Operating System
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
    CPU
    Intel Core i5 4690K @ 3.50GHz 42 °C
    Haswell 22nm Technology
    RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 (10-11-10-30)
    Motherboard
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 2 (SOCKET 1150) 28 °C
    Graphics
    ASUS VS247 (1920x1080@1Hz)
    16MB ATI Standard VGA Graphics Adapter (Sapphire/PCPartner)
    Storage
    238GB ADATA SP600 ATA Device (SSD) 40 °C
    Optical Drives
    ASUS DRW-24F1ST b ATA Device
    Audio
    High Definition Audio Device

EDIT: Also whenever i try to install the AMD interface DriverIdentifier suggests, it downloads it but once it reboots black cracks are in my screen and when i put my password in it goes to a blue screen and freezes. Please point me in the right direction here, Thanks! @Digerati

#10 Logan123, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  11. bochane

bochane Honorable Member

Try booting your computer in Save Mode with Network. You will get a different always working low-end video driver. With it go to the support pages of Asus and download the driver. That should do the trick. Please call back with the results or if you have questions.

#11 bochane, Jun 23, 2016
  12. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

Hi Logan,
    if you read the following thread you can use the app contained to collect the blue screen data we need.:
    How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

You can also find the dump files yourself by going into the main windows folder and looking for a folder marked minidump.

If no dump files are available then you probably need to change your settings so that they will be produced when a bsod occurs:
    Open the run application.
    Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
    Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
    Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
    Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
    In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
    Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
    Click ok and your good to go.

You will need to blue screen again before a dump file is created.

I also moved your thread to the correct section.

13. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

I just realised you had two threads about the same thing which I've now merged.

This simply saves on confusion.

Please post the dump file information asap, thanks.

14. Logan123

Logan123 Member

it seems i dont have a dump file? What does this mean? @kemical ok sorry just read the rest i got it now

15. Logan123

Logan123 Member

Will this also fix the cracks? And here i go wish me luck!

EDIT: I did everything you said to do and it bluescreened and did not make a minidump file?? Also somebody suggested me this would this work???
    "Plug your VGA cable into motherboard and start up PC, then install driver, then switch cable back over"
    Thanks!

#15 Logan123, Jun 23, 2016
  16. Digerati

Microsoft MVP

BTW, why did you reinstall Windows? This is normally a last-resort option because it can set your computer and security back, potentially, several years - not to mention delete all your personal data and installed programs. And it often does not fix the problem and can often destroy any clues to the problem. And even if it does resolve the problem, nothing is really learned to prevent recurrence.

Not sure what you mean by black "cracks" but graphics anomalies can be caused by several things, including a failing card, bad drivers, or a failing power supply.

If bochane's suggestion of going into Safe Mode does not work, then yes, you can try using a VGA cable and see if the drivers install that way. No certainty that will work if the card is bad.

17. Logan123

Logan123 Member

[Q
    Should i install the disc that blue-screens my PC first and then go download the drivers or just go into safe mode and do it now? I'm sorry but can i get a little help to find the drivers i need because i'm not to good with drivers and stuff. Thanks! @bochane @Digerati

18. Digerati

Microsoft MVP

I think you should follow bochane's suggestion.

19. Logan123

Logan123 Member

yes but should i get it to bluescreen first then go to safemode or what. Sorry if the questions seem a bit dumb, just making sure. @bochane

#19 Logan123, Jun 23, 2016
  20. Digerati

Microsoft MVP

It does not work that way. If you get to a bluescreen, you have to reboot. To get to Safe Mode, you have to reboot. You cannot go directly from a bluescreen into Safe Mode without rebooting and rebooting clears the bluescreen.