Graphics info wrong

Hi, I recently recieved a Lenovo Y570 08626PU laptop with Nvidia 555m GDDR5 2GB graphics card, along side with intel 3000 graphics. When I go into display settings, and go into advanced it says my GPU is intel 3000, with 64mb of dedicated video memory. When I go into the nvidia control panel it says that I have 2GB of GDDR5 memory from the 555m. Is windows 7 not recognizing the gfx card?
555m.png intel 3000.png

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Hello and welcome to the forum,.
Look for a switch (silver) right front of machine. It shuts off the intel graphics card and allows you to use the Nvidia.
Hope this helps
Regards
Randy

Thanks...don't know why my laptop was shipped with that turned off...was thinking it was not performing as a 2GB GDDR5 card should perform

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Thanks...don't know why my laptop was shipped with that turned off...was thinking it was not performing as a 2GB GDDR5 card should perform
My suspicion would be that, with the switch set in that position it better supports portability in terms of battery life. Just a guess.

Saltgrass

Excellent Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
There are some systems that will switch between GPUs depending on need. My system will do that, if I had a discrete video card and the software installed.

I do not know if your system is set up that way.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.