Windows 7 Graphics Issue

rex7t

Hiii,
New to the forum....having a lot of issues off late..and cant figure out what to do..well here goes

Machine
Dell Latitude d620
2gb ram
160gb hdd
Intel core duo 2 ghz
Intel 945GM graphics adapter

Problem
Have been usin 7 on this machine for the past 6 mths or so...well it started 2 days ago...normal usage and the machine decided to hang itself....so did a hard reset after a while by holdin the power button....well it did not boot up after dat hanged itself on the 4 logo screen...well i decided to do a new fresh installation on it.. tht was also a pain....it would hang after the first restart at the completing installation screen....i installed xp installed like a charm n no issues with the display or the drivers...then again started doin a fresh installation formatin everything creatin new partition n all tht stuff :p.....after 10 -15 tries i figured out tht there waz somethin wrng with the graphics driver and finally installed it in safe mode after disabling the video driver
well after installation i decided to do a driver update via windows didnt help..after restart the machine would hang at logo screen..same prob..went into safe mode n disabled the driver...restarted it works fine in the vga mode...tried everything to no avail hehehehe... runnin out of options dont know what the prob might be...hehehe...maybe the chip is roast or something..here the funny part ...when i install the driver for xp in win7 using xp permissions...well it works with just having fonts and aero stuff not workin
help me..thanks in advance

[langtitle=gl]Re: Graphics Issue[/langtitle]

ps forgot to tell...updated my bios too..its the latest ver

Re: [langtitle=gl]Re: Graphics Issue[/langtitle]

thanks...but tried it tooo already..no solution

yes ...i used the update n thn downloaded the driver..installed it after restart the same issue..it hangs on the logo screeen......have to reboot in safe mode n then disable the drivers frm the device manager and restatr again into normal mode..im completely lost on this issue :eek:

Back
Top Bottom