Windows 7 Greying Screen

montgomery

I have recently purchased an Acer Veriton X275 with Windows 7 Professional and I am experiencing a nuisance issue. The screen background changes from near white to grey either, after a time lapse or on depression of keyboard key. This can be temporarily rectified by switching the monitor off and then on and, occasionally, by depressing Ctrl/Alt/Del, entering Task Manager and then cancelling. It seems as though a screen energy saver is operating but I am unable to locate it to extend the period before it cuts in. Please advise on this matter.

Hi Montgomery,
have you checked through your advanced power options? See the screenshot:
Link Removed due to 404 Error

Hi Kemical,

Thanks for your response. I was unable to replicate your screen shot, but it gave me an inkling of what to do. Using control panel, I was able to click Power Options and change Advanced Power Settings to Balanced but I was unable to Enable adaptive brightness. Windows help advised me "Adaptive brightness is not available in all editions of Windows 7"

I increased by the latent times on display and sleep, but having done that, when I depressed a keyboard key, the same problem occured.

Thanks for trying to help me.

Montgomery

Back
Top Bottom