Group Policy Client Failure

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Help and Support' started by Coen Boomkamp, May 18, 2008.

1. Coen Boomkamp

Coen Boomkamp New Member

I have a problem with the following service: Group Policy Client Failure
    Everytime my legal Vista Ultimate starts up I will get the following message:

http://boomkamp-ict.nl/grouppolicyclient.jpg

I was hoping someone can help me fix this so i wont get this message everytime.
    Here are some specs about my system:

CPU: Intel Single Core 3.00 Ghz
    Motherboard: Asus P5N32 SLI SE Deluxe
    RAM: PQ1 3GB 1066 Mhz.
    Videocard: Asus 9800 GX2 1024 MB

Thanks in advande,

Coen Boomkamp

2. superbill

superbill New Member

3. Coen Boomkamp

Coen Boomkamp New Member

thanks for the link but i am not a technical pc user so i have no idea what they are talking about on that page, i just want to solve the problem..

4. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

The reason included the link is because your answer lays hidden in your system event logs (hopefully, I say hopefully as sometimes the answers are a little obscure). You can find these by going to you control panel, System and maintenance, Performance information and Tools, (in the left hand green column) click Advanced Tools and then at the top of the page Event log.. Trouble is, at times this can be like looking for a needle in a haystack..
    You could also try this..click on the vista button (start button) and in the search box type 'services.msc' (without the quotes) and hit enter. You will now be looking at a list of services which operate on your pc, scroll down and make sure that Group policy clent is set to 'automatic', if it isn't change it..