Grouping and sorting like Vista

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by rombecchi, Oct 28, 2009.

1. rombecchi

rombecchi New Member

Hello everyone,
    this is my first post in this forum, so I would to thank everyone that will reply to me.
    Please assume that I've already searched a solution in this forum at my question before I post it.
    So, I would show in Explorer, like in Vista, the columns titles at the top for ANY visualization, for quick grouping and sorting .
    Should someone know how to do this?
    [​IMG]

Thanks!

Francesco Rombecchi

2. wsalopek

wsalopek New Member

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

Thanks...

3. Trouble

Trouble Noob Whisperer

wsalopek:
    Hello and welcome to the forums.
    As far as I know the only "View" that preserves the column headers that you are looking for is the "Details" view.
    In other "Views" quick grouping and sorting is accomplished with a simple right click of any blank area inside of the individual folder and making your choices from the context menu.
    The "feature" that you refer to, I believe, was abandoned during the development of Windows 7.
    You're not the only one who seems to miss it just google "preserve column headers in windows 7 explorer views" and you'll find others who would like to see the option in Windows 7 explorer, but as far as I know it is no longer available, unless there are some third party alternatives that I am unaware of.
    Regards
    Randy

4. wsalopek

wsalopek New Member