Windows 7 Guys, i need your help!!!

GusG

Guys yesterday I installed windows 7 32-bit and i am very dissapointed!! I had windows xp and the computer was ok with all !! but with windows 7 my computer has a lot of problems!! i can't open 2 or 3 windows, i can't play games because it lags and then i have to make restarts !!!! i have installed all drivers for graphics card !! what can i do to make my pc faster?? Do I have to buy graphics card or new ram ??? please help me!!:confused::confused:

Did you make a clean install or an upgrade - a clean install to a formatted partition/drive is strongly recommended.

Have a look in device manager - see if any devices have an exclamation mark against them indicating a problem.

How can i know if my install is clear?? when i finished the installation my computer made a folder (windows.old).There are all the files from windows xp and at device manager i haven't any problem .Now i don't know if i made an install or upgrade..... :(:(

How can i know if my install is clear?? when i finished the installation my computer made a folder (windows.old).There are all the files from windows xp and at device manager i haven't any problem .Now i don't know if i made an install or upgrade..... :(:(

(windows.old) means you've done an upgrade. If you've upgraded from xp then this is the source of the problem.

Do a clean install of 7 with formatting the partition. Back up all the data you need.

Microsoft said:
To upgrade your PC from Windows XP to Windows 7, you'll need to select the Custom option during Windows 7 installation. A custom installation doesn't preserve your programs, files, or settings. It's sometimes called a "clean" installation for that reason.

Upgrading from Windows XP to Windows 7 - Help & How-to - Microsoft Windows

Back