Windows 7 Halo 2 for Windows Vista

NickXmL

I am trying to find out if it is possible to use the Keyboard and mouse and an Xbox 360 controller on the same computer for split screen multiplayer, if it is supported at all. Any possibility anyone can help me here? Sorry if it is posted in the incorrect are of the forum

I am trying to find out if it is possible to use the Keyboard and mouse and an Xbox 360 controller on the same computer for split screen multiplayer, if it is supported at all. Any possibility anyone can help me here? Sorry if it is posted in the incorrect are of the forum

Hi!! I believe you will be able on Vista to use both. This article talks about this issue in the seventh paragraph down. Link Removed - Invalid URL (there are some restrictions) It just says you can use both..... Contact Microsoft Game Studios Support. It says you can e-mail or phone call them. Link Removed due to 404 Error

Not sure if you understood what I meant, but I mean whether I can use both at the same time; keyboard and mouse for one player, Xbox controller (only 1 plugged in) for the other player. Not the compatibility.

Not sure if you understood what I meant, but I mean whether I can use both at the same time; keyboard and mouse for one player, Xbox controller (only 1 plugged in) for the other player. Not the compatibility.

I'm not sure,seems to me I've done something like that on other games, switch in between keyboard and mouse. then again, my notebook isn't normal. I don't want to hurt anybody's computer. I think you should e-mail: Link Removed due to 404 Error Your talking to somebody that didn't feel to much of an injury from Microsofts updates......

If you look under 'Hardware and Sound' in the control panel, you'll eventually see 'Game Controllers'. Check it out and see if that will prove a solution...

The controller works. The problem is It will be a dual controllable player. The keyboard and mouse will control one player, as will the Xbox controller. I am trying to find out how to split it into a dual player control. Right now the two control types are on one person, I can't seem to make them work individually...

The only way I could see you doing it is if the settings were saved to the players profile?

Can you do that with this game?

I doubt that, there is no saving the type of controller etc to a user profile, it is plug n' play. I will try asking microsoft, Celestra, thanks. If anyone can try to find any other solution that would be helpful.

I installed the drivers but I havent seen much of a difference with anything. Nothing has changed with all of the above solutions, and microsoft said they don't know of such a problem. Great.

Any Ideas whatsoever? I still haven't had much success in the way of looking for a solution or a possible way to use both controllers seperately (360=Player 1, Keyboard+Mouse=Player 2)

I'm not sure you'll be able to do it. Normally options like these are set -up in the games option tab. Now I've seen plenty of options where you get to choose to use either one or the other but never both. I would imagine that unless it was an integral part of the game your going to find (as your already finding out) that it can't be done.

Back