Windows 7 Halo 2 will not run - gets "LIVE Gaming on Windows failed to initialize"

winfubar

I've been running Halo 2 on the Windows 7 RC for several months and it would always start correctly. I finally installed the Windows 7 Home Premium today to replace the RC, and when I try to start the game, I get this message:
"LIVE Gaming on Windows failed to initialize. This may be because another LIVE Gaming on Windows application (such as the Halo 2 dedicated server) is running on the same machine. Otherwise, reinstalling the game may fix this problem"

I've uninstalled/reinstalled the game several times and I still get this message. I've listed the processes running and I don't see anything that applies to Halo or Windows Live.

Any suggestions?

I should have added that this is on a HP, 64 bit Windows and occurs during the install, which it aborts out of.

ciao a tutti sono luciano di trento
anche a me succede come a vinfubar e non so come muovermi dopo aver disinstallato il gioco....
ho appena preso il computer con windows 7 e non so come fare per far si che Halo 2 funzioni....
da dove si parte per installare i giochi per windows live come ha suggerito highwaymann?
AIUTO!!!!

Translation:
hello to everyone Luciano di Trento
happens to me as vinfubar and do not know how to go after you uninstall the game ....
I just got the computer with Windows 7 and do not know how to do it that Halo 2 functions ....
where you start to install the games for windows live as suggested highwaymann?
HELP!!

You can download the games for windows live here:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Back
Top Bottom