Windows 7 Halo: CE not working

Cheez-bix

Hey,
I've installed Halo: Combat Evolved onto my new laptop, but whenever I try to start it up, the game tells me that I do not have enough memory, apparently thinking that I have 0mb RAM. I ignore it and click, "Continue," and am directed to the game's loading screen, before I am interrupted saying that the game has, "Stopped working," forcing me to close it.

I'm running a 64-bit Windows 7 OS, and have more than the minimum requirements needed to run the game. I've also downloaded the beta drivers for my graphics card, but still to no avail.

im running into a similar problem. my pc has above the recommended requirements and i can still barely play it.
i have to run the game in safe mode [minimal settings] and it keep crashing [blue screen of death] at almost every other checkpoint in legendary mode (every third in easy).

My system:
Ram: 2Gb
processor: Intel Celeron 1.6GHz 1.6GHz
Graphics: Mobil Intel (R) 915GM/GMS,910ML Express Chipset family

Last edited:
I know how to solve this problem. First, press Start, right-click on computer and click on properties. Then, click on advanced system settings, and under performance, click on settings. go to the advanced tab and click on change under virtual memory. When it shows up, click on custom settings. Now, this takes space from te hard drive and uses it at if it were ram. Add maybe 1024 (1GB) or 3024 (3GB). Click set, ok, and done! (if it asks you to restart your computer, like Nike says, just do it.) Halo should work fine now!:thumbs_up:

Back
Top Bottom