Windows 7 hard drive probs, please help

fukwit

someone please help, my computer has decided that it wants to lock me out of my main hard drive, c:\ an says its not accesssible , access denied, and the system administrator has blocked you from running this program, i dont know what iv done, and its dun me good, if i cant get access back, i would hae lost a lot of very important data, someone come rescue me, please!

someone please help, my computer has decided that it wants to lock me out of my main hard drive, c:\ an says its not accesssible , access denied, and the system administrator has blocked you from running this program, i dont know what iv done, and its dun me good, if i cant get access back, i would hae lost a lot of very important data, someone come rescue me, please!

You are logging on to an account in the administrator's group? Click "Start" and type "use" and select User's accounts and find out if you are in the administrator's group. Give yourself higher privledges.

i am the only user on the pc, and i am set as admin, but it still keeps holdin out on me, is there a way i could have locked myself out ? iv tried everything i can think of but without success, tmy 2nd hard drive is as normal, but my primary doesn't even have properties or even a size, my 2nd drive has the space indicator under, but my main has nothing at all.

I've ran into it before. Right click on drive then on properties and advanced then the owner tab and take ownership and fumble through that. Try a search on take ownership should give a clearer description. I just bumbled through it. You will probably have to redo the sharing permissions. I'm not sure what causes it but I think it maybe it has something to do with networking /sharing. Sure is a pain!
Joe

I've ran into it before. Right click on drive then on properties and advanced then the owner tab and take ownership and fumble through that. Try a search on take ownership should give a clearer description. I just bumbled through it. You will probably have to redo the sharing permissions. I'm not sure what causes it but I think it maybe it has something to do with networking /sharing. Sure is a pain!
Joe

Wow ... nice catch! I'll give up some reps.

Back
Top Bottom