Windows 7 Hardware Problems???

cathaztrope

i have new notebook, toshiba sattelite a200 - p532,with default OS vista home premium, when i want to make multi os, (i want to add xp) it cant be happen, it stoped when first time you want to install xp (press enter to instal fresh xp, r for repair and f3 to quit), when i want to press enter, it give me some stress reply, it say that my hardisk not installed yet / please power mode on.
when i want to installed linux, nothing like that happen, it finished well!
WTF with my notebook?:mad: or my instaler?:mad:
can anyone fix my problem? thanx a lot!:D

i have new notebook, toshiba sattelite a200 - p532,with default OS vista home premium, when i want to make multi os, (i want to add xp) it cant be happen, it stoped when first time you want to install xp (press enter to instal fresh xp, r for repair and f3 to quit), when i want to press enter, it give me some stress reply, it say that my hardisk not installed yet / please power mode on.
when i want to installed linux, nothing like that happen, it finished well!
WTF with my notebook?:mad: or my instaler?:mad:
can anyone fix my problem? thanx a lot!:D

I've HEARD XP should be installed first, then your newer OS.
Bob

How are you installing XP? With a multi OS setup (called dual boot), you need a 2nd separate HDD or partition the existing HDD.

seems like I had a problem installing xp and vista on a dual boot and had to go into my bios settings and change a setting on my sata hdd. for whatever reason xp would not detect my sata hdd. this has been a long time ago so I am not certain what I had to change. I found it by going on line to google. something about xp that it does not recognize some sata hdd on some desktops or laptops. I do know that it is easier if you install xp first and then install the newer operating system last on a separate partition. try going into bios settings and changing your hdd from SATA to IDE seems that is what I had to change but can't say for sure. hope this helps. poorguy

Back
Top Bottom