Having problem with Rapidshare download?

I have been using Vista OS from last few months. Recently when i was downloading a document from rapidshare i had a problem and i stopped that in middle. From then when I am trying to download any thing from rapidshare i am having problem like below and not allowing me to download.

"Your IP address xxx.xxx.xx.xxx is already downloading a file. Please wait until the download is completed." this is the message i am getting on screen. I replace IP with x's. Please help me out. Thanks

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Try running the disk clean utility found in the start menu. Make sure you tick all the boxes. Also you could try using this utility here:

Download CCleaner 2.12.660 - FileHippo.com

It's free and very good at what it does...:)

thank you very much ... i am able to download now... thanks again.

Fir the first time after running disk cleanup i am able to download files from rapidshare... but again i am getting the same problem eventhough i made disk cleanup... now i am unable to download the files.... please help me out....

problem while downloading fies from Rapid Share?

I have been using Vista OS from last few months. Recently when i was downloading a document from rapidshare i had a problem and i stopped that in middle. From then when I am trying to download any thing from rapidshare i am having problem like below and not allowing me to download.

"Your IP address xxx.xxx.xx.xxx is already downloading a file. Please wait until the download is completed." this is the message i am getting on screen. I replaced IP with x's.

I tried downloading after doing disk clean up also but still having problem while downloading the file from rapishare. please respond me.

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Did you try the download I posted?

I've also merged your other post with this one as the same people will be reading both posts...

I tried with CC Cleaner too. still having same problem again.... is there any other ways to come out of this problem...:(

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Hmmm..... strange one. You could try this:
Right-click on command prompt and choose 'run as administrator', then type
Cleanmgr/Sageset:1 ......now press enter

When the box appears tick all the little check boxes and then click ok.
Then, open command prompt again and type:
Cleanmgr/Sagerun:1
Vista will now go through an advanced cleaning process..
Hope it works!

I am having a very similar issue. I accidentally stopped my download and ever since I am unable to download files from rapidshare. Reboot, cleanup and IP reset did not help. I have tried everything listed in this thread except for Vista cleanup through command prompt, but I wasn't even able to get my download to work once... I am going to try that cleanup through command prompt now and see if anything comes out of it. If it doesnt help, I suspect this may be an issue on Rapidshare side.

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Hi Trider,
hope it helps you out..post back if it doesn't. Also once set up that advanced cleaning can be used over and over again as long as you type 'Cleanmgr/Sagerun:1'
(without the quotes)..

Well, the cleanup was not helpful (although it did free over a gig of space on my machine :) ) I have sent an email to Rapidshare support team, if they will give me any helpful advice I will post it here and will say if it helped or not :) Other than that, I will just keep digging...

Ok, somehow 2 days after I ran into the problem it just disappeared. Given that I have done nothing to my system between my last try to fix it and the moment it started working again, I strongly suspect that the problem was on Rapidshare's side. Perhaps they have some in-built timer that resets your IP if you have been downloading for over 2 days, so if it gets "stuck" in their system it will take 2 days to clear. Hope this helps those who run into a similar problem :)

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.