HD5850 no widescreen desktop in XP?

Just replaced a GeForce 9800GTX+ with an ATI HD5850. Dual boot XP x86 and Win 7x64. Monitor is a HannsG HH251 25" LCD. In Win 7 the screen is filled. In XP however the screen isn't (has black border all the way around about 1 inch). Resolution and refresh are set correctly (1920x1080 60Hz) but screen won't fill.
Currently using the ATI Catalyst 10.2 XP 32-bit drivers that were released the other day.

XP desktop screen was filled with the 9800GTX+.

Any suggestions?

Sam

Do not change screen resolution in windows control panel, use ATI Catalyst (tray icon) instead. Also, make sure your monitor driver is installed.

Last edited:
I got it to work. I had posted over on the AMD site and got a reply about Underscan/Overscan being the control.

Now I am using the new Catalyst 10.2 (driver vr 8.07.2). One of the menus is DTV (DVI)4. Open that and the 3rd option down is Scaling Options. Clicked that and got a slider for Underscan-Overscan. Slid the marker over to the right (setting Overscan to 0) and the screen size increases the LESS Underscan there is.

Sam

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.