Windows 7 HDMI problem...

valoc

I searched around and I cant find anything on Windows 7 that will let me extend my desktop on my TV via HDMI. I have the latest HDMI, audio and video graphic drivers..And of course, there isnt a control panel for my graphics card (ATI Radeon HD 3200 On board) because it doest support this OS.. Anybody know what i can do?

any one????

Last edited:
I searched around and I cant find anything on Windows 7 that will let me extend my desktop on my TV via HDMI. I have the latest HDMI, audio and video graphic drivers..And of course, there isnt a control panel for my graphics card (ATI Radeon HD 3200 On board) because it doest support this OS.. Anybody know what i can do?

any one????

I likewise have the On-board ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics hardware and drivers...on an Asus M3A78-Pro motherboard with dual VGA and HDMI ports. I can't get Windows 7 to recognize the HDMI feature at all. It works fine in Vista. I've downloaded new drivers from Asus...selecting Windows 7 as the OS, but still nothing.

Same problem here. I have connected the HDMI output of my ASUS UL80VT laptop to my television's HDMI 1 input and configured the TV to use HDMI 1. The TV indicates there is no video signal, and it seems like Windows 7 64 Ultimate does not "see" my HDMI output when I connect to the TV. I have clicked the "Detect" button from the settings screen, but all to no avail. Note that under Display Adapters in the device manager that there is a device named "Unknown Device", but I suspect that may be the unused VGA output, which incidentally does work fine when I connect it to something. I have sent a request to ASUS support, but I believe this is actually a Windows 7 64 issue. System information:

Component Details Subscore Base score
4.9 Determined by lowest subscore
Processor Genuine Intel(R) CPU U7300 @ 1.30GHz 4.9
Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB 5.4
Graphics Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family 4.9
Gaming graphics 1695 MB Total available graphics memory 6.0
Primary hard disk 31GB Free (75GB Total) 5.6

Windows 7 Ultimate
System
Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
Model UL80VT
Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 2
Storage
Total size of hard disk(s) 283 GB
Disk partition (C:) 31 GB Free (75 GB Total)
Disk partition (D:) 151 GB Free (209 GB Total)
Media drive (E:) CD/DVD
Media drive (F:) CD/DVD
Graphics
Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce G210M
Total available graphics memory 1695 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 32 MB
Dedicated system memory 32 MB
Shared system memory 1631 MB
Display adapter driver version 8.15.11.8688
Primary monitor resolution 1366x768
DirectX version DirectX 10
Network
Network Adapter Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter
Network Adapter Atheros AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
Network Adapter Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter

Back
Top Bottom