healthy primary partition NOT accessible anymore

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Help and Support' started by blubot, Apr 10, 2009.

1. blubot

blubot New Member

Hi,
    i can no longer access my healthy primary partition F/: where i keep my documents etc... seperate from the OS C:/ drive which is booting normally and working fine.
    any ideas how I can access my drive again?
    Disk management is recognizing my F/: drive, i just get error message whenever i want to access it.
    pls help.
    thanks,
    blubot.:(

2. blubot

blubot New Member

ok maybe i did not give enuff details...or i was not really clrea, and hopefully this will help:

I am running VISTA 32bit home edition. also working with EASEUS partition mgr 3 to take care of my 2 partitions: C:/ for OS and F:/ for my docs, and D:/ for my recovery.
    after performing, once again, another resize(increase) of partition F:/ i can no longer access this drive, access is denied. I believe the partition process was accidentally interrupted (power cut) while running the partition, yet it all resumed and the partition was completed.
    The thing i dont understand: computer management/disk management is showing drive F:/ as a healthy primary partition with the correct amount of used and free pace under properties. YET when i click COMPUTER on desktop, I cannot access drive F:/ - when checking its properties there it shows 0KB used/free...
    changing drive letter and paths under computer management/disk management does not work - access denied again...
    resizing with EASEUS again, had no effect, still the same...
    what can I do now?
    can anyone help other than saying I have to format the drive and loose data?
    is there any other way?
    thank you all for reading this.

3. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

Hi,
    did you try running a checkdisk scan?