Windows 7 HELP! Almost 2yr old PC w/ recent & increasing onset of BSoD

SirThomasX

Computer purchased as a custom build from IBuyPower.com in July 2010, has worked perfectly until just recently... I can't remember the exact event/date when the BSoD first started happening, originally attributed to Google Chrome, as starting the browser w/ several tabs open from a previous session led to the initial crashes. Switching browsers helped somewhat, but problem moved from that activity to a startup issue... over the past week or so, the comp has blue-screened before becoming 'useable' upon startup. A couple 'dings' that sounded like hardware connecting (or being removed) and then BSoD (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL)... prior to yesterday, it would finish starting up and be usable about one out of four times and I've been able to play games, surf the web, etc... since last night, it has not started up w/o BSoD within the first couple minutes. After attempting some fixes, running Malwarebites (2 svchost infections) and AVG's Virus Scanner & PC TuneUp, it's actually gotten worse, just resetting and not even giving the BSoD.

It's seems to be completely stable in Safe Mode, no blue screens so far. I had trouble connecting to the Internet on a couple reboots, but rolling back the driver on the network adapter seems to have solved that issue. What else... I've updated the bios to the version listed in my profile, if you need more details than that, let me know what's important and I'll figure it out. I tried to do a Windows Restore Point, but it didn't succeed.

I've done the SF Diagnostic as instructed. I attempted the CPU-Z software, but got an error 0x43C (1086) that I assume caused the later tabs not to populate. I screen-grabbed the ones that did. RAMMon also returned an error > SPDINFO_INIT_DIRECTIO and would not start. However, the built-in Windows memory checker did not find any defects.

Let me know what I need to do next and thanks in advance for your help! -STX

Attachments

• help.zip
    475.7 KB · Views: 317
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Looking at your three dump files included in your attachments, which all occurred on the same day within minutes of each other. I don't see anything that is pointing to a particular issue.
So if you don't mind could we start with a relatively easy thing first?
Uninstall AVG completely. Use the programs uninstaller if available or the control panel programs and features applet and then follow that up with the vendor specific proprietary removal tool from here AVG Download tools and utilities (get the correct version for your architecture).
Replace it for now with Microsoft Security Essentials from here Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows.
After that if Blue Screens persist attach the new ones to your next post. If they are not anymore informative than the present three we may have to discuss adding Driver Verifier to the mix.
Regards
Randy

Back