Windows 7 Help applying .theme files or looking for Desktop Theme Manager

Hi - I'm trying to use older .theme files with Windows 7. The Personalize area doesn't recognize these themes so I'm trying to first apply them with a theme manager then save them in the Personalize area so they will be an up to date theme. However, I'm having trouble doing this. I've tried a couple of different theme managers (Desktop Architect & Desktop Themes) and they don't correctly do what I want. Desktop Architect doesn't apply all elements and Desktop Themes will work fine except for when I apply a theme (then save it in the Windows Personalization area) and then move to the next theme - then it over writes the picture from the previous theme that I already saved (happens in the Windows Personalization Area). The reason I'm looking for this is that I have *many* themes (in the hundreds) from older operating systems. I *don't* want to have to set all the elements of each theme manually (which I know I can do in the Personalize area), theme by theme (too time consuming). Any help or direction in solving this issue would be **greatly** appreciated. I would love to figure this out. Thanks!!!:D

Can you post some screen shot ?

Hi - Thanks for your reply. I actually almost have it figured out now. All I have to do is to save the theme for sharing and reset the icons to their default settings before starting to do another theme. Thanks!

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.