Windows 7 HELP!!!! BSOD's

Rwoodward

For the life of me I can not determine how I am getting these BSOD's!!!! From what i can tell the only time I get these blue screens is from when my MagicJack is plugged in, but I went to the website to do an update so it works better with windows 7.

My system is custom built: motherboard is a ECS P4M800-PRO version 2.0 I have 2 GB DDR2 200GB Western Digital SATA, PNY Verto Geforce FX 5200 256MB PCI video card. The only USB I have attached is a Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard, USB mouse, MagicJack and HP OfficeJet 5610 All-in-one.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Regards,

Rudy

Attachments

• BSOD Report.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 423
Rwoodward welcome

Yes these crashes were related to your USBPORT.SYS and magic jack the likely culprit. I would do two things.

1-Run a system file check

Run a system file check to verify and repair your system files.
To do this type cmd in search, then right click to run as administrator, then
SFC /SCANNOW

Read here for more information SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker - Windows 7 Forums

Let us know the results from the report at the end.

2- follow the turorial here USB Driver - General Fix for Problems - Windows 7 Forums.

If neither of those help you may want to run driver verifier to nail down exactly which driver is at fault.

I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Excellent link zigzag re:USB Driver - General Fix for Problems.

Now added to my list of "canned speeches".

Ok, I went to the link regarding USB Driver General Fix For Problems. I did install SP1 about a month ago but never knew about the BugCode_USB_Driver issue was a bug in regards to not being part of the download. I just downloaded the fix and so far, im not getting any Blue Screens (crosses fingers). I did go to Nvidia website to download the drivers for my FX5200 graphics card. Altho I am confused, my system is still showing the driver being from 2006, I did click on the updated driver link NVIDIA System Tools with ESA Support
Version:
Release Date: April 9, 2010

I installed it but my driver is still showing the old one Version 96.85??? Im confused on that.

I spoke to soon, I was on You Tube and blue screen came up with a stop code of 0x0000000A Irql_Not_Less_or_Equal. Not sure whats that leading to?

Back