Windows 7 Help! Can only see 5 of 6 folders on shared network after co-worker renamed folder

GrahamM

Really frustrated. Before renaming one of the folders on their computer, I was able to view all 6 folders. Now that one of the folders has been renamed, I am unable to view that specific folder. Currently I see all 5 other folders, just not the renamed folder. We have tried re-sharing the folder in question, but no luck. We are both puzzled. How can we fix it so I can see the newly named folder along with all others. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
A little more info might help someone see a problem, such as where is the folder in relation to your system? How are you sharing the folder, through a Homegroup, or normal Windows system.

Have you tried changing the name back to the original for testing?

A little more info might help someone see a problem, such as where is the folder in relation to your system? How are you sharing the folder, through a Homegroup, or normal Windows system.

Have you tried changing the name back to the original for testing?

The folder in question is on my co-workers computer. She changed it from Client Cases 2012 to just Client Cases. I believe the IT guy that came into the office originally set it up as a normal Windows Network and not a HomeGroup. All other folders that were shared prior are still visible. Only the one with the changed name is not visible. We have not tried changing it back as ideally we would prefer keeping the new name. If all else fails, we will try that, but I do not see why it would not work with the new name. Thanks for the input.

I don't have the networking experience some other folks do, but I would probably try refreshing the location, and making sure the Share Name is correct.

You said you checked the permissions and she was able to change the name without restrictions?

You might try creating a new folder to see if it is picked up.

Someone else will probably be along soon that might have better ideas.

I don't have the networking experience some other folks do, but I would probably try refreshing the location, and making sure the Share Name is correct.

You said you checked the permissions and she was able to change the name without restrictions?

You might try creating a new folder to see if it is picked up.

Someone else will probably be along soon that might have better ideas.

I have tried refreshing location and no luck. Same for making sure shared name is correct. Again no luck. The files/folders are on her computer and she has the authority to make any/all changes. Will try creating a new folder and see if its picked up. Thanks for the suggestions.

Are the shared folders came from the same source?
Look for a shared with an alias of the same name or same name. An alias is when the user share the folder but change it in the "share as".

Back