Windows 7 Help| Can't install windows 7

partouch

I got a copy of Windows 7 7077 build and when i try to open the installation, it gives me this:

Link Removed due to 404 Error
If the picture is to small it says: "copy protection error-the read failed because the sector is encrypted"
can anyone help ? please i've gone through a real nightmare to get the copy and im really frustrated i can't install it.

Last edited:
I got a copy of Windows 7 7077 build and when i try to open the installation, it gives me this:

If the picture is to small it says: "copy protection error-the read failed because the sector is encrypted"
can anyone help ? please i've gone through a real nightmare to get the copy and im really frustrated i can't install it.

One way to approach this issue is to ask the questions, is it this copy of the DVD the problem or the System in which the DVD disc is being used to create a new Operating system environment the issue.

The next logical question is then , did the very same DVD or the Image ( Bootable ISO Image it has) meet with the same strange error messge in a different system ( Different hardware and software environment.

For you, because
i've gone through a real nightmare to get the copy
it looks like you would prefer the fault to be in the present system because probably you could try to fix or evade the problem in your present computer or try it in a different computrer rather than going through all the hoops to get a fresh copy of the system image!

If you need help please post your system SPECs and in this specific problem, it's important to include your DVD drive [.( ROM or Burner) ] make and Model too.
Good luck:)

The thing is, in a diffrenet computer it works fine !, only my annoying computer wouldn't install it. I have tried to boot it from the black screen that shows when you turn on the pc and press F12 fast to boot from drive but in vain. The problem is defently in my computer. I'm running a DELL 1521 inspiron laptop.
The DVD Burner's full name is: TSSTcorp CDRWDVD TSL463D ATA Device.
Basicly, The computer has a dual core 1.7 ghz AMD Athlon processor, Close to 1GB of RAM, 80GB Hard drive, and a Radeon x1270 Graphic Display Card.

I hope this helps somehow.

P.S: I burned the DVD from a different computer with Nero 7, and now im running Vista Basic.

If you had another build on your computer, you need to format the C: drive.

Just place any CD in the tray and use the command prompt, CD to that DVD ROM drive and now no files will be in use on the C: drive allowing you to reformat it.

However, did you use Bitlocker drive encryption on the previous build?

What? I never had any other windows on this computer besides Vista which I'm running at t he moment. And about bitlocker, i just read what it is and hmm As i recall i opened the Image file with daemon tools, copied all the files, and added to the "make data dvd" function of nero and burned, Was there a diffrenet way i should have burned it with ?

I prefer a freeware product called Imgburn, can be downloaded here:

The Official ImgBurn Website

You can't jus copy the files, you need to create an iso image directly to a blank DVD

The windows 7 ISO is complete you need to burn it as an image in its entirety . Dont try to extract and then burn if you extract the files its no longer an image file .

When you said : As i recall i opened the Image file with daemon tools, copied all the files, and added to the "make data dvd" function of nero and burned, Was there a diffrenet way i should have burned it with ?

You dont open it you just burn it to a dvd . Get the above ImgBurn it will make it easy for you and good luck :)

Last edited:
Well i did what you guys told me and what a surprise ! A new error....

Last edited:
The thing is, in a diffrenet computer it works fine !, only my annoying computer wouldn't install it. I have tried to boot it from the black screen that shows when you turn on the pc and press F12 fast to boot from drive but in vain. The problem is defently in my computer. I'm running a DELL 1521 inspiron laptop.
The DVD Burner's full name is: TSSTcorp CDRWDVD TSL463D ATA Device.
Basicly, The computer has a dual core 1.7 ghz AMD Athlon processor, Close to 1GB of RAM, 80GB Hard drive, and a Radeon x1270 Graphic Display Card.

I hope this helps somehow.

P.S: I burned the DVD from a different computer with Nero 7, and now im running Vista Basic.

Thank you for your excellent specification and observation that pins the blame where it really belongs exonerating your painfully created Win7 DVD :)

Can we go over, 'slower' this time, on your statement
have tried to boot it from the black screen that shows when you turn on the pc and press F12 fast to boot from drive but in vain.

Did you mean to say that the computer failed to boot from the Win 7 DVD you'd placed inside your (only) DVD-Burner -
TSSTcorp CDRWDVD TSL463D ATA Device
despite your pressing F12 as prompted by the BIOS Screen
black screen
as you might have already set the Boot order in the BIOS Setup to Boot from CD before HDD [ Normally we expect to get the prompt "Press any key to boot from the CD...."during Windows setup Disc]

If the above situation is what happened, we are narrowing down the problem to your DVD Burner.

Can you reproduce the problem with another OS disc (say VISTA or XP ) You can just try and abort if the Disc is being read. But I suspect that too might fail.

Therefore, in my mind, the troubleshoot must be to find the cause for the DVD burner's 'erratic behavior' and "fix" the problem if solvable or bypass that by non-DVD approach of installing the OS by one of several methods as described by others. But please remember, if the DVD Burner has such boot problem future troubleshoot involving OS discs will be an issue. For that reason your answer to my above clarification inquiry may benefit you.
Good luck.

I do see a setup.exe icon in the bottom left side of your preview picture.

Try double-clicking on that file to run setup. Put the disk in while your computer is running and close out the autoplay box. Then open Explorer, and when you see the DVD listed in the left column, click on it and you will see the setup.exe file. Double-click on that file to start setup.

By the way, are you doing an upgrade install or a "clean" install.

A "clean" install is the best path to choose.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is just unbeliveable..I can't explain the fact that this computer is still in one piece..should have been smashed to smeetherins by now... somehow I have managed to run the installation through Daemon tools (the disc is still messed up with the above pictured error). Now I am trying to format the partition D so i can install Windows 7 on it.. BUT as freaking usuall the format was unable to complete...SO I tried to delete all the files by marking and SHIFT+DEL'ing them. appearntly they are all DLL files..CAN'T DELETE THEM. SOMEBODY. I'M BEGGING YOU PLEASE HELP ME.
NEVER THOUGHT INSTALLING A WINDOWS WOULD BE SUCH A NIGHTMARE.

Please try to answer the other members posts and explain what happens.

Why are you using Daemon Tools to install? You don't need Daemon Tools to install Windows 7

Myself and other posters have stated different ways to install, but you never posted back with the results of those suggestions.

Please explain how your partitions are setup. The C: drive is the Primary primary and holds an operating system. Do you have another operating system installed and are you trying to dual-boot?

By the way you never, even just start deleting files. Obviously they were in use, that's why they can't be deleted.

Also what procedure did you take to try to reformat the drive?

This is just unbeliveable..I can't explain the fact that this computer is still in one piece..should have been smashed to smeetherins by now... somehow I have managed to run the installation through Daemon tools (the disc is still fucked up with the above pictured error). Now I am trying to format the partition D so i can install Windows 7 on it.. BUT as freaking usuall the format was unable to complete...SO I tried to delete all the files by marking and SHIFT+DEL'ing them. appearntly they are all DLL files..CAN'T DELETE THEM. SOMEBODY. I'M BEGGING YOU PLEASE HELP ME.
NEVER THOUGHT INSTALLING A WINDOWS WOULD BE SUCH A NIGHTMARE.

Unfortunately, now you are in really dire straits :-(
If you had read my earlier post where I was cautioning you about problems you might be facing without a properly working DVD drive just in case troubleshoot involving the need to use a System Disc was to arise. This botched up Win 7 Install could cause Bootloader corruption in the existing OS. If you are able to access that OS, you have still a fighting chance to get out of the present quagmire, otherwise the road ahead will be quite rough with a lot of twists , turns and stops. So brace yourself for a rough ride. Pease give us details for any help we could offer because after all what happened is software errors and hence reversible :).

Please try to answer the other members posts and explain what happens.

Why are you using Daemon Tools to install? You don't need Daemon Tools to install Windows 7

Myself and other posters have stated different ways to install, but you never posted back with the results of those suggestions.

Please explain how your partitions are setup. The C: drive is the Primary primary and holds an operating system. Do you have another operating system installed and are you trying to dual-boot?

By the way you never, even just start deleting files. Obviously they were in use, that's why they can't be deleted.

Also what procedure did you take to try to reformat the drive?
I didn't post back about the earlier suggestions because i don't think they are so relevant. my current problem is that presented in the picture i posted. In short i can't install it from the DVD because of what you saw. I got the image file on my desktop so i tried to open the install inside it with daemon and it works can't explain how. Now I thought ill just delete my second partition D which has old windows files (my current is installed in C) because i cant format it ( when I right-clicked and picked format on D it always says "format was unable to complete". I just can't delete the old files there. I don't know I guess im close to giving up and installing xp with some stinky skin and finish with it, Seriously i just can't mentaly take it anymore.

We were all just trying to help. Come on....Don't give up so quickly

Can you startup your computer now?

What Windows version is on C: and what version is on D:?

Do you know how to get to the command prompt and do a true format

Extra Comment - Now that I think about it, if there is now autorun.inf file on the DVD, it must be corrupted

I'm finally writing to you from Windows 7. As i said before i opened the image with daemon tools and installed it on D. The installion made all the old windows files on the D partiton deleteable so i installed it there and deleted them. Next i formated C with vista on it by right clicking and choosing format and thats it. The disc itself is still useless but it's too complicated to fix it so i think im gona settle for daemon tools each time and that is it. Thank you everyone who trried to help and been there all the way, great forum you people are running here.

P.S: reghakr love your signature realy nice.

Been following this one good news and well done :)
I too was watching this thread from the side line and was happy to read that the
NIGHTMARE
was finally over:). I was afraid that the original VISTA install on C:\ , an innocent bystander, would fall a victim but hoped it escaped unscathed! If there is anything good that can come out of this nerve-racking ordeal is the fact that it would leave a fairly well documented troubleshoot in this Forum's archive for those searching for an answer while in the same or similar predicament.

But in the end it isn't what everyone should do. I think that mabye the installation wasn't good. It works great but the part where you start to install, you guys allraedy know so the only tip i can give in this matter is Dameon tools can be a life savior.

Back