Windows 7 Help/Display issues

duck3y

Im sure this has been a common problem, however this is what i noticed:

After I installed Windows 7 home premuim, I proceeded to reinstall a few of my apps (navyfield, ventrilo, teamspeak, and firefox). every thing worked fine except for one freeze :S

I then got to dorm room and tried to hook my comp up to my samsung 22" lcd tv via hdmi cable, this worked just fine on vista, i could not get it to work so i proceded to install the nvidea drivers for my video card (yes windows 7 and 64bit version :p) and every thing apeared to be fine. I setup the displays how i wanted them then clicked apply- froze =.=

Tried to restart but got to windows screen then went black... nothing..
After several retry's on restarting I ended up rebooting in safe mode and restoring back to right after I installed winn 7.

Got it to start sept now the brightness seems dim :(

help?

EDIT: Ok, so i reinstalled the drivers, restart comp, then seems fine. I install mozilla, I am taking a quiz for my Human A&P class because i wanna go to bed n it closes tomorrow morning, and system freezes... help?

Last edited:
Yes, I think... I have not narrowed it down as to wether or not it is a Mozilla problem or if it is when im trying to install the drivers for my video card. Have there been reported problems with Mozilla and windows 7?

Not that I'm aware of... I just wondered if your problems started with that particular install... Have you tried running it in compatibility mode?

I just had a brightness problem I couldn't find the solution to on here...
Check in the bios to make sure the maximum brightness level isn't set too low.
Here's instructions:
Link Removed - Invalid URL

On that note: i have looked in bios but i could not see anything about brightness on there :( I think it was the driver, i have done a new restore and not installed either mozilla or the driver for my video card. seems to be working fine... but this is still frusterating because i cannot get my computer to run duel monitors. does it not recognize the hdmi support?

Thanks for the replys guys, ALSO! when i was in my bios, i noticed that for the Operating sysem section it still thinks it is on vista, infact it is either windows vista , xp or other... no 7 :(

You'll probably need a bios update to get that sorted but don't worry because in essence 7 is vista but with a whole lot of tweaks and a new shell. Thats why some apps still recognise it as vista and vista drivers still work.

Duck3y, what is your system spec?

Back
Top Bottom