MasterDanman

I need help! So my windows 7 is missing vital system files and when I try to bot into it it either says BOOTMGR IS MISSING even though it is not. I have tried everything. Boot I got from installation disk and trying boot repair doesn't work. Command prompt works but all the command to fix it fail to complete. I have tried sfc /scannow , chkdsk and fixing scan now with dism and a lot of other stuff. With sfc I get that it needs pending reboot and when I reboot I gat same message. when I try to boot into windows I get windows failed to start blah blah blah and error code 0xc000000f with info a required device isn't connected or could not be found I deleted reboot.xml to try to get sfc working with no success . Before deletion of reboot it said same error but missing clfs.sys file. Clfs file is present. I don't want to reinstall. I can't do in place install because I can't boot to desk top. I Am dual booting win7 and 10. Trying to get out of windows pe and boot into win 10 but that's a whole other story. If I want to within an hour I could have fresh win 10 installed but even if I do how can it help mywin7 install. Can I do remote cmd? Please help!

You could try booting into the advanced boot options (same place as safe mode) and trying 'last known good configuration' but to be honest it sounds like a re-install is on the cards.

Back
Top Bottom