Windows 7 [HELP] Installing Halo 2

shadesia

I know that this post's already here but then I can't get help from those so I ask again here.
I've tried to install halo 2 with windows 7 ultimate. the start-up's shown then I chose customized install. after that I chose full install, do not start then something appeared and asked me yes/no question about changing something in windows, I clicked yes. after all of those, nothing happened.
I've already downloaded and installed games for windows-live 2.0 and I also have updated it to 3.0 but nothing changed. I never think that my pc is out of spec since I can play dmc4/cod4 well.

please help.

Shadesia have you tried running the game in compatibility mode? Rightclick on the start up exe and choose properties, then compatibility changing it to something like XP SP2.

it's done too and nothing happened.
I've tried from XP SP2 to Vista SP2. from XP it's said that that was only for win vista or server 2003.
when I tried to server 2003 setup came to install dedicated server automatically.
when I took server 2008 nothing happened.
when I chose vista, vista sp1 and sp2 nothing happened.

There is a couple of ideas that may help in this thread Shadesia.. Let me know either way and i'll do some more looking if need be..

could you try installing it on another PC just to make sure it's not a dud Disk an needs to be returned for a replacement

There is a couple of ideas that may help in this thread Shadesia.. Let me know either way and i'll do some more looking if need be..

Oops... I never posted the link did I?.. What a clutz, hang on. Hmm.. can't find it now... It's been so long since I played this game that I'm going to re-install it to see if I get any problems too..

Installed no problem.. At the first screen I used the 'custom install' method and then checked the box to play the game after installation. I also validated the key at first opportunity..

Any help?

hmmmm weird works but not on your current system you've got all the drivers for your machine upto date (didn't rely on MS update)

@ Kemical well thats just bleeding no help at all now is it you need it to not work LOL :p

Last edited:
True.. Although there is a reason for my madness... I remeber back when Halo 2 for pc was first released and users were having problems installing unless it was done in a certain way (the way outlined above). I just couldn't remember this process and so needed to go through it again..
Your probably right though and this will be no help at all lol..

erm don't ya just hate it when it all goes right I do it means I loose my excuse for having an hissy fit and screaming match with my machine not that the puters ever replied yet but it sure makes me feel a whole lot better:p;)

Back