Windows 7 Help me! PLEASE

raydar

When i installed windows 7 on my computer i had the ati radeon x1300 pro in my computer. When it went to load windows 7 it locked up after the windows logo came up, and it put a lot of little windows screens on the monitor display, about a 1/4 inch and about 100 of them on the screen. So i took it out and installed another graphics card and it worked, but i really want the ati radeon x1300 pro to work. Any Suggestions?

Thanks,
Ray

Quote from the AMD webstie for the X1300 Windows 7 Page:

"Note: AMD’s DirectX 9 ATI Radeon graphics accelerators are not officially supported under Windows 7. If the user chooses to, they can install the ATI Catalyst Windows Vista graphics driver under Windows 7. Please be aware that none of the new Windows 7 graphics driver (WDDM 1.1) features are supported (as the Windows Vista level graphics driver is limited to WDDM 1.0 level support). Using the ATI Catalyst Windows Vista driver under Windows 7 is not officially supported by AMD, and as such AMD will not provide any form of customer support for users running in this configuration"

Considering they do not have native Windows 7 drivers, it is possible that the specific card is no longer supported.
I believe support starts at the HD2000 series for Windows 7 :(

Back