• Processor!

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Video Card!

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Ram!

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

chutchick

Hello all... i recently got a stroke of goodluck and landed enough cash to upgrade my computer. first of all, here's the current spec:
Mobo: Asus P5kpl-am SE
Proc: Pentium D 2.9ghz
Ram: 1gig 6400
Video: the integrated intel g31/g33 express (yes, the one that came with the mobo)
hd: 160gigs

now the question is simple, given that i only have enough cash to do one upgrade, which should it be?

-A NEW PROCESSOR
-A NEW VIDEO CARD
-MOAR RAM!!!

The processor is actually quite far from my budget but im putting it in because among the things listed, it is the oldest, so maybe... just maybe... hahaha

Video card= most likely sparkle 9400 GT (if you have anything to say about this vc, tell me)

Ram= 1 or 2 more gigs... most likely 2...heh

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

PS: most of you might get shocked why im running on such a low system. Well, im actually from the philippines, and here, everything is expensive. imagine this::redface:

(converted for your convenience)
daily allowance: 2$ (lunch meal = 1.5$, transportation fare= .5$ so basically, nothings left)
average cost of sparkle 9400 = 50$
ram 2gigs = 55$ :eek:

so that basically it. Thank you for taking the time to read and possibly contribute on this. :D

I have voted for the video card, but I would get NVIDIA GTS 250/GTX 260 or ATI 4850/ATI 4870. I am not sure at all that GeForce 9400 will make you feel comfortable, not at all I think. I would also do my best to get an additional 1 Gb of RAM.

Video system is never enough and it requires much power to get comfortable FPS in games even at moderate resolutions and graphic settings. If you are not ready to pay much for the video card, try to get at least GeForce 9800 GT/ATI 4830.

Back
Top Bottom