Windows 7 Help me….my hard disk is damaged!!!

isabell720

[FONT=&quot]Hi everyone , I am employed as a manager in a firm. I have a problem that I had like to talk about. My system was working fine the other day, but while copying a file by nero….the system hanged and I had to restart it. But I got a disk boot failure error. Then , I tried to run a windows xp installation CD, but that is also showing some error message during installation and the installation fails.I did check the bios settings and the disk fails to show…and had it checked on another system also…but bios cannot detect the hard disk.I think the disk is damaged or something like that.The disk has important data from my company’s point of view…..that I need to recover.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Please let me know if there are any ways to get my data back from this disk!!!![/FONT]

Hi!!! "Determing Hard Disk Failure- Buzzle.Com" Link Removed - Invalid URL Hope this helps...

You'll need to run a 'checkdisk' which you can do by right-clicking the 'C' drive and hitting properties then tools. Make sure after you've hit the 'check now' button you check the little box for 'attempting to repair and recover bad sectors', then reboot..
If the disk has become so damaged that you can't get it to run then you'll need to go 'proffessional' to get the information you want. If you google for data reclamation firms and the like you should find someone that can help

[FONT=&quot]I think that your disk is probably damaged …cannot guess any other reason for failure.There may be some problem in the controllers or can be another thing.The best way is to get a professional team that can recover data from Link Removed - Invalid URL . They can be your best resort as they have tools and ways to get the things done.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]All the best to you.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

I've had issues like that before and what I did was bought a new drive and installed my OS on it and then afterwords used recovery software to retrieve the files off the old one.
Hope this helps.

I've had issues like that before and what I did was bought a new drive and installed my OS on it and then afterwords used recovery software to retrieve the files off the old one.
Hope this helps.
You know what, sounds good. What do you think is cheaper - Professionally fishing out data or buying a new drive ?

Cheaper? It depends on how important the lost data was. My own experience of recovery software is that it usually ends up as partial. A recovery organisation will cost you a lot more, but probably return all your data.

Back